Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are any of you like >

Are any of you like

Are any of you like

Old 07-22-2011, 01:27 PM

There are some patterns I will repeat like the log cabin, yellow brick road. But I have tried to repeat some that after I had cut out and started to piece, I didn't enjoy working on it and just quit, once was enough.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by whinnytoo
whats the fun in making the same pattern twice?
To see how different it would look with different fabrics and different layouts. Plus you've got all the bugs worked out and you can just sew. No thinking, no rippipng out seams. Nice relaxing sewing and you know it will turn out good. :lol:

We have a lady in our sewing group that gets bored easily, she'll hand me a bag of stuff she's started and say, "it's too easy, you can have it." So to each there own. Isn't it wonderful we have the variety in quilting to do what we enjoy?
Old 07-23-2011, 04:16 AM

I usually make different patterns which I usually come up with myself. I will be making variations of a new to me technique now though. I found it on youtube. It is a quilt-as-you go method by Jenny from the Missouri Star Quilt Company. She cut strips and sewed them one at a time to the batting and backing. I loved how quickly I got my first one done. I made a baby quilt. I just have to add the binding and I can't wait to start my next one. This time I will make pinwheel blocks with sashing and sew them into strips. I will vary those with single cut strips. Well, gotta go so I can get started. :)