Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anybody doing this Bonnie Hunter Mystery? >

Anybody doing this Bonnie Hunter Mystery?

Anybody doing this Bonnie Hunter Mystery?

Old 11-05-2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by yayaquilts View Post
Have you heard anything about making an official group for this mystery quilt as yet?
Here is a link to Patrice's response... http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...s-t166062.html . I did send a PM to her for alternatives, but it looks like a new thread would work. Would everyone be agreeable if I started a thread entitled 'Orca Bay Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt sew along' (or something like that) and posted under Main? We can then start posting pictures of the fabrics we've selected while we wait for the fun to start. Let me know
Old 11-05-2011, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by meemersmom View Post
Here is a link to Patrice's response... http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...s-t166062.html . I did send a PM to her for alternatives, but it looks like a new thread would work. Would everyone be agreeable if I started a thread entitled 'Orca Bay Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt sew along' (or something like that) and posted under Main? We can then start posting pictures of the fabrics we've selected while we wait for the fun to start. Let me know
Yes, I think a thread with that title would work just fine. How fun, can hardly wait for Nov. 18.

Jeanie
Old 11-05-2011, 06:13 PM

I am for sure. I did last years mystery and I have it almost finished. I love doing those. I have more scrapes now than I did last year, so it should be fun. I's with you.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:29 PM

I have been a follower of Bonnie Hunter and quiltville. I will print out all parts and start after the holidays too. Bonnie has a group on Yahoo where she will let you know when each part of the mystery is up. She is also on Facebook and being her friend there, will get you the updates as well. There are many ways to get the info. I read her blog she updates on Facebook each day. You will enjoy her type of quilting. Her patterns are very easy to understand and follow.
Donna, LEh,NJ
Old 11-05-2011, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC View Post
Bonnie Hunter has posted the intro to her new Mystery Quilt over at Quiltville, anyone going to give it a go?

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2011/...-orca-bay.html

I've never done a Mystery Quilt before and I'm not the best "piecer" there is, I tend to do more applique. I've got the Yellow Brick Road pattern down though. All straight edges! LOL

But I think I'm gonna give it a go. I've got tons of scraps that need to be used up. Anyone else??!
I hate to be stupid,,,but I don't get how all of this works. Is there a cost to all of the directions? I just went to Bonnie's site and it didn't help. (Maybe it's the bad cold that I have---making my brain fuzzy)..You go to her site once/week and there are printed directions? She e-mails directions to you??? So, you don't know what you are making until the end??? How do you know which colors she recommends? How do you know where to sew each color??
Old 11-05-2011, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by meemersmom View Post
Sounds like a great idea. I'll be looking for "Orca Bay Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt Sew Along"--this will be so much fun.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by sailsablazin View Post
I hate to be stupid,,,but I don't get how all of this works. Is there a cost to all of the directions? I just went to Bonnie's site and it didn't help. (Maybe it's the bad cold that I have---making my brain fuzzy)..You go to her site once/week and there are printed directions? She e-mails directions to you??? So, you don't know what you are making until the end??? How do you know which colors she recommends? How do you know where to sew each color??
sailsablazin - No question is a stupid question! There is absolutely no cost to the instructions for this quilt. Go to http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2011/...-orca-bay.html and read her message. It will tell you that she is doing her quilt in red, blue, black and neutral, and how much yardage you will need of each color. You can do your quilt in any color you want! Just print out the information. Then go to this same website on November 18th and she will have another message with very explicit instructions on the first "clue". It will tell you exactly what to cut and what to sew with what colors and she will have photos of each step. You will print out that message and you will have a week to complete that part of the block you will be making. At the end of 7 or 8 weeks, you will have a beautiful completed quilt.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:21 AM

That sounds ok to me meemersmom. I will keep an eye out for that title
Old 11-06-2011, 03:47 AM

I will wait to see what the quilt ends up looking like. As a rule, I usually LOVE mystery quilts, but Bonnie doesn't quilt like I do and many times I can take what she has done and do it my way (once I know the entire pattern).

Suzanne
Old 11-06-2011, 04:26 AM

Meermersmom, I think a new thread is a great idea. I'll be watching for it.
Thanks