Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone else have Gremlins... >

Anyone else have Gremlins...

Anyone else have Gremlins...

Old 09-17-2010, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by lorraine43
Get the Sears 12'tote it has a place for every thing!!!!
Huh! My gremlins would take the whole tote complete with contents. Books, scissors, cutters, flashlights, batteries, you name it, they hide it until I go buy more or when I don't need it anymore. I could be tripping over something until I want it, then it is no longer visible. I thought I lived alone but apparently not.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:11 AM
MNM

Originally Posted by Suzanne57
Originally Posted by lorraine43
Get the Sears 12'tote it has a place for every thing!!!!
Huh! My gremlins would take the whole tote complete with contents. Books, scissors, cutters, flashlights, batteries, you name it, they hide it until I go buy more or when I don't need it anymore. I could be tripping over something until I want it, then it is no longer visible. I thought I lived alone but apparently not.
I have to tell myself, out loud, I am putting my scissors on the ironing board, I am placing my glasses on the dresser or whatever. If I don't do that the gremlins would take them.
MNM
Old 09-17-2010, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by MNM

I have to tell myself, out loud, I am putting my scissors on the ironing board, I am placing my glasses on the dresser or whatever. If I don't do that the gremlins would take them.
MNM
I tell my cat where I put things I don't want lost, then let it be her responsibility to remember while I relax!
Old 09-17-2010, 06:44 PM

I am sure glad to hear that, I have a girl friend that cut out all her pieces with scissors. When I showed her the Olfa cutter I thought she was going to faint. No one had ever introduced her to the Olfa cutter. She had just found a pattern she liked and figured it could not be that hard to make and I will say her quilt did come out very nice for a first quilt..She passed away last Thanksgiving she was my maid of honor at my wedding 50 years ago. Should not talk about her, it always makes me cry.
MNM
all her quilt
Uh-huh!! I have one of those.l

Oh --and MNM, I still used scissors occasionally -- but not for cutting out pieces or strips. Once in a while, I do need to shimmy something up a bit.[/quote][/quote]

I feel the same way now as you, my BIL died today from a brain bleed and I get teary when I think of him.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:22 PM
MNM

Originally Posted by Annya
I am sure glad to hear that, I have a girl friend that cut out all her pieces with scissors. When I showed her the Olfa cutter I thought she was going to faint. No one had ever introduced her to the Olfa cutter. She had just found a pattern she liked and figured it could not be that hard to make and I will say her quilt did come out very nice for a first quilt..She passed away last Thanksgiving she was my maid of honor at my wedding 50 years ago. Should not talk about her, it always makes me cry.
MNM
all her quilt
Uh-huh!! I have one of those.l

Oh --and MNM, I still used scissors occasionally -- but not for cutting out pieces or strips. Once in a while, I do need to shimmy something up a bit.
[/quote]

I feel the same way now as you, my BIL died today from a brain bleed and I get teary when I think of him.[/quote]

So sorry to hear about your BIL. I guess I am just a big baby, I have tears in my eyes over you BIL. So sad to lose someone you love. Must go read something funny and happy to get rid of these tears. My heart goes out to you. MNM
Old 09-17-2010, 08:28 PM

Thank you MNM I get tears every time some thing good or some thing bad happens. John was not only my BIL he was my next door neighbor too so I will miss those silly -Hello Heather , I have messages on my phone and can't read them --as he hands me his mobile phone. You have one like mine ( which I do not) I cannot make him understand that, no matter what I say, it went in one ear and out the other. Poor John!! I put it down to his age and the epilepsy like attacks that he kept having for all the years I knew him.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:50 PM

So two weeks ago when I missplaced my credit card and looked and looked for it and emptied everything out of my wallet three times, purse three times, looked in pockets, washer, dryer, etc and could not find it, the Gremlins had it?
Anyway, told DH it was MIA and two minutes later he found it and gave it to me. AAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHH! Where? "It was in the wrong side of your wallet inside a folded up receipt". He wanted to know why I had not asked 'the bloodhound' (him) to find it earlier? (Now I am ready to throttle him).
I do lose my seam ripper once in awhile. Usually it is under my recliner.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:52 PM
MNM

Thank you MNM I get tears every time some thing good or some thing bad happens. John was not only my BIL he was my next door neighbor too so I will miss those silly -Hello Heather , I have messages on my phone and can't read them --as he hands me his mobile phone. You have one like mine ( which I do not) I cannot make him understand that, no matter what I say, it went in one ear and out the other. Poor John!! I put it down to his age and the epilepsy like attacks that he kept having for all the years I knew him.
He was lucky to have someone who could get his calls. I need you here. My husband and I both are electronically challenged. We have a cell phone and neither of us knows how to do anything with except answer it and sometimes my DH can't do that. I do the driving and we use the phone only for emergencies. My DH has Parkinson's Disease and is 83 yr old and has motor skill challenges too. Aint life grand. By the way I cry when the flag passes or Old Rugged Cross plays. But you know what, I'm a happy upbeat person who is blessed each and every day. MNM
MNM
Old 09-18-2010, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by MNM
He was lucky to have someone who could get his calls. I need you here. My husband and I both are electronically challenged. We have a cell phone and neither of us knows how to do anything with except answer it and sometimes my DH can't do that. I do the driving and we use the phone only for emergencies. My DH has Parkinson's Disease and is 83 yr old and has motor skill challenges too. Aint life grand. By the way I cry when the flag passes or Old Rugged Cross plays. But you know what, I'm a happy upbeat person who is blessed each and every day. MNM
MNM
I was once like you with the mobile phone and this computer, but I played with them a little every day and I have a note book in which I write EVERYTHING down. That way If I forget I can read and find what I am doing wrong. So just work out what you need and write down the instructions IN YOUR OWN LANGUAGE and just keep playing with things, it will come to you. My memory is not so good at times ,I am forever at the book. My kids talk a bit fast and I now make them write down what I need to know then I translate it into what I understand. just keep plugging on. :thumbup:
Old 09-18-2010, 06:38 AM
MNM

Originally Posted by MNM
MNM
I was once like you with the mobile phone and this computer, but I played with them a little every day and I have a note book in which I write EVERYTHING down. That way If I forget I can read and find what I am doing wrong. So just work out what you need and write down the instructions IN YOUR OWN LANGUAGE and just keep playing with things, it will come to you. My memory is not so good at times ,I am forever at the book. My kids talk a bit fast and I now make them write down what I need to know then I translate it into what I understand. just keep plugging on. :thumbup:
Thanks for taking the time to send this hint to me. You are a dear person. Seems most quilters are. We are so blessed to have this quiltboard. Thanks Marci