Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone feel overwhelmed by their stash? >

Anyone feel overwhelmed by their stash?

Anyone feel overwhelmed by their stash?

Old 01-14-2011, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99
I'm beginning to think I'm a fabric collector more than a quilter. And I *still* have the urge to buy *more* fabric!
I absolutely identify! Earlier this week a fleeting thought crossed my mind that perhaps I should clear out my stash and just start over with a clean (cleaner) closet. Then I took another breath and wondered what I was thinking. However; Stitchwitchin's post about the estate sale makes me feel much better about myself.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:07 AM

I just wish I had a stash to be oberwhelmed by..
Old 01-14-2011, 11:17 AM

If anyone feels overwhelmed with their stash, I don't have any. (hint)lol. I just cut up an old t-shirt yesterday to make a baby doll dress for my granddaughter. She loved it.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by reginalovesfabric
I was overwhelmed with it but since I've put all the fat quarters in baskets, and folded all the yardage on comic book boards and I can see what I own I have been using it up. I like some of it so much I bought it three times, not remembering the first two purchases....crazy, crazy me
What are comic book boards?
Old 01-14-2011, 11:54 AM

It's a sickness girls...and our therapy is this Board!
Old 01-14-2011, 12:08 PM

The more fabric the better! It probably depends on where you are in your life! I am at the beginning of my quilting career, so I would like to acquire as much as possible!
Old 01-14-2011, 12:27 PM

Yes I am addicted too!
Old 01-14-2011, 01:00 PM

yes, overwhelmed and ashamed. I have not been buying and I am going to try and go through and see if people who are in need of fabric want to pay the postage, I will donate the fabric.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:08 PM

I've worked hard all my life. I retired fifteen years ago and thought now was the time for me. My husband passed away and then I was by my self. I went back to work full time and worked for seven more years. I did finally fully retire two years ago and have been sewing ever since. I worked hard and have a very good retirement coming in and I don't feel overwhelmed or alarmed when I go and indulge in more fabric. I do however clean out the fabric, love laying it all out and re-orginizing, but I have found homes for all my give away fabrics right here on this forum. I comfort my self by telling "self" that when I give fabric to someone who needs it, I am helping someone out with their shopping.......I will find any excuse to go buy fabric but in all honesty I use 90% of all fabrics I buy. Sometimes fabrics have to wait until they catch my eye, with a pattern in mind and then I go to work. Fabric collecting is an addiction but artists do the same thing with paints when they have a blank canvas just waiting for something to happen. Quilting gives me something to do, helps me feel good about my self, gives me an outlet for creating something beautiful and I never tire of it.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:17 PM

NO very underwhelmed when I look at what a lot of you have in your sewing rooms..still there's always the lottery .. :thumbup: