Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone feel overwhelmed by their stash? >

Anyone feel overwhelmed by their stash?

Anyone feel overwhelmed by their stash?

Old 01-14-2011, 04:59 PM

hmmmm any one need my address. I have a very small stach. (smile) that way you can go whopping and not come home feeling guilty hahahaha.... :) :) have fun
Old 01-14-2011, 05:04 PM

no where near overwhelmed, wish i could say i was. maybe someday
Old 01-14-2011, 05:21 PM

I love my stash, but I love adding to it even more. Sometimes I have a pattern in mind, but most of the time I just fall in love with a fabric and have to bring it home. It helps that I live in an area that is at least an hour drive to buy any fabric, so I don't get to go often, when I do, I really like to stock up.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Power Poster

Maybe I should clarify that I don't feel guilty about my stash. My problem is feeling overwhelmed when I look at it!

Since starting this thread, I've spent several hours finally taking my stash apart to find out what I have and (hopefully) to unjumble it. Already I have come across blocks and fabric for a quilt I don't ever remember starting! I'm afraid to count the UFOs yet; maybe after I sort through everything......
Old 01-14-2011, 05:44 PM

I had begun to feel overwhelmed. One of my good friends, (who understands me), came over to help. We sorted my stash into categories, Christmas, autumn, brights, florals, homespuns, flannels, batiks, geometrics, black & whites, red & whites, 30's, halloween. There also is a category that includes fabrics that are solids or "read" as solids. Categorizing seemed to make the process more do-able. The solids are in an armoire that also stores other sewing/quilting/knitting/needlework supplies. Next we evaluated the space that I had planned to make available for fabric storage. I had a son who had moved out of his verrrry small room. We put the bed up on cinder-blocks and created storage for 4 large clear plastic zippered storage bags (Walmart), under the bed. We put a tall shelving unit where the TV stand had been. My TV and CD player live there now along with my serger, and a couple sewing machines that I seldom use, and more fabrics stored in those same wonderful Walmart bags. The rest is stored in large clear plastic drawers in the closet. I don't think that I ever could have done this without the help of my good friend. It took us 2 days. I am going to help her do the same next spring.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Sassylass
You do realize by getting more stash your helping to insulate your home from the cold or heat. :)
Thats my story and I am sticking to it....going to go and buy more insulation on Sat.50% off sale :)
sass
I just love that story - I wonder if my DH will buy it???? Of course on Saturday he is playing golf .... & I have cleaned out my closet hiding spot.... might meet you to buy insulation....
Old 01-14-2011, 06:04 PM

I went shopping today and some black poka dot with pink roses fabric jumped in my car and came home with me. 5 yards to be exact. I just cant stop.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Sassylass
You do realize by getting more stash your helping to insulate your home from the cold or heat. :)
Thats my story and I am sticking to it....going to go and buy more insulation on Sat.50% off sale :)
sass
I truly belive this!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 06:14 PM

I'll remember this line when I am out with my DH and he asks why I am buying more fabric. I love it!
Old 01-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Dee

I went to buy fabric after New Years Day. Ony bought 6 yards. Rearranged my stash on shelves and I can see what I have. It was packed in boxes for years. I was so hjappy to do this job. I greeted each scrap. Getting my sewing room organized.