Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone quilting today? >

Anyone quilting today?

Anyone quilting today?

Old 10-13-2012, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
Its so cold here...its hard to get modivated...I have all my blocks cut and started to sew them together the other day...I would like to get the top completed today...I need a push..
Carol -

I find that a cold day makes inside jobs much easier to get into. Maybe your space isn't inspiring you? My wife and I sew in the dining room, with music and a coffee pot nearby, and something savory in the slow cooker. If you don't like your space, try moving into the kitchen or family room and pour yourself a cup of coffee or hot tea. Put on a favorite TV show or CD. Maybe you need a sewing partner, or someone who will enjoy a good book or CD while you work. I hope you find your inspiration while you have time to enjoy your sewing.

Darren
Old 10-13-2012, 07:08 AM

Its a cold, overcast day here in Oregon -- had rain yesterday & we haven't had that in months. Will be finishing the last of the 3 borders of a cuddle quilt for a gal I work with, then putting together to machine quilt. Am making each of the folks I work closest with cuddle quilts(6 total), and have already finished and gifted the first 3. The next quick project will be a quick tablerunner as a housewarming gift for another co-worker, then on to the next quilt - - 'Cats with Attitudes' for the next co-worker, who truly DOES have cats with attitudes. The very last quilt will be earthtones (her color preference)...that one is perculating in my brain as to what to do....an idea will come to me, always does!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:19 AM

Sunny and heading towards the upper 80's or 90 here in FL today...Been playing around finishing some CHristmas ornaments for swaps and a craft show in a few weeks...Have some new purse designs cut out and may begin working on those, or go shop for my santa and batting and backing for my grandaughters quilt...Tomorrow I will be part of the virtual quilting day, and hope to have a bunch prepared to work on for it. Just a slow moving day for me, but hopefully will get SOMETHING done!!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:30 AM

Current temp, in (just shy of South)Central TX is 75, with an expected high of 79. Breezy and beautiful!

I have a WIP, waiting for me to bind it; just finished the quilting, last night.

Then there's a winter panel, waiting for my attention (for a wall/door hanging). I'd like to wash it first . . . but am afraid I'll lose the seam allowance (which is rather crooked, on one side). May just shrink it, with steam, then hope for the best, color-wise. Washed the coordinating backing and it didn't bleed, so am hoping the front will be the same.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:37 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I woke at 6:30 and made coffee and looked outside and thought "OH NO, it's 6:30 PM!!!" It was dark out, so I thought I had slept all day and it was night!!! I freaked out! I turned the TV on and checked the stations and was so happy to learn it was morning and it was just still dark at 6:30 AM!!! That scared me for a minute. I thought I was in one of those weird movies where you don't know if it's day or night. Usually it's light by 5:30am. I don't usually sleep till 6:30 am. So it shouldn't have been dark.

And yes, I'm going to be binding today, if I can get to my sewing room. I have 9 quilts to bind. I just have to walk in the door. I have all the binding cut out for the first quilt. I just have to sew it together. That's all I have to do today. I'm trying to make it easy on me. I don't like binding, so I'm taking it in steps. Today is sewing the pieces together. If I iron it, good for me. If I sew it on, better for me. But just to sew it to each other is the plan. To avoid the room is what my mind is telling me to do. And that's a no no. So, I'll check back and tell you which way I went today. I have nothing to do but housework or sewing and I don't want to do housework at all.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:12 AM

Going to be quilting IF I have time after being on here!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:17 AM

We have a chill in the air, so I must make a quilt to keep warm. lol
Old 10-13-2012, 08:39 AM

We have wall to wall sunshine right now and it's headed towards 70°. I'm going to head out in just a bit for Aunty Em's Home Quilt tour and look at 5 homes, the arts center and the museum filled with quilts and then head for the student union building at the college to check out the vendors.

After I get home I'll work on the second of three quilts I'm doing for a local nursing home.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:52 AM

Cold, cold here. Woke up to heavy frost and 21 degrees. Yesterday a little sleet blew through. Seems much too early for all of this. Still only 45 degrees. After my walk, may cut a couple more blocks out for a sampler quilt I'm making. Also thinking of making a couple new fall place mats. Too cold to be outside for long, but too restless to want to spend much time inside.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:56 AM

I am actually cleaning my sewing room today so I can post pictures. I allowed fabric, patterns, project bins and the such to take over the room. So I had to take the bull by the horns and clear the stuff out of the room for cleaning. I have the curtains in the wash and blinds pulled all the way up-even cleaned those windows. Beautiful sunny but cool day out. So it has been a great day for sorting through things- even found a pattern that will be up as a PIF soon. Then it will be a matter of bringing back in the stuff and putting it where it belongs. Enjoy your day, everyone!