Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone using a Janome 6600P? >

Anyone using a Janome 6600P?

Anyone using a Janome 6600P?

Old 04-08-2011, 10:04 AM

I have only had mine for two weeks and I love it. It is the first machine I have ever been excited about using. I also have a Bernina 440 QE, a Brother 8500D, Janome 11000 and a small Kenmore workhorse. The 6600P is far and away my fovourite. I got the 1/4" foot for the accufeed with the small hole faceplate. I looked at the Horizon first but did not like the big silver dial to change stitches. Just a personal preference but did not care for it. This machine makes the best 1/4 seam ever. IMHO
Old 04-08-2011, 10:32 AM

Thanks so much for your responses. I belive I'll go try one tomorrow. My DH has been trying to get me to buy a new machine. I have a 1960's Singer Stylist that he purchased for me used in 1983, it still works great but I'm doing 10-12+ quilts a year now and really would like something that could do some decorative stitches and that would work better for FMQ.

I've struggled with wheather to go with a manual machine or a computerized machine. My Mother baught a Computerized Singer when they first came out and she hated it so I didn't want to spend the money and not be satisfied.

Once again thanks so much for your responses.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by mKYwright
I'm considering purchasing this machine and before I do so I wanted to get some feedback on the machine. If you have this machine please let me know if you would buy again, how long you have had it, any problems, things I should consider before purchasing?

Any information would be most appreciated!!
I have had mine for about 6 years. It is a great workhorse and I wouldn't trade it for anything. The Accufeed is fabulous and I never have an issue machine quilting. And although it doesn't have a freearm, it has so many other fabulous features, that I really don't miss having a freearm. If I ever have to replace my 6600P, it will be with another 6600P or the Janome Horizon, which is the same machine, just alittle bigger throat space. All that being said, I love my Janome 6600P.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:12 AM

Love, love, love mine.