Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone want to quilt with me today? >

Anyone want to quilt with me today?

Anyone want to quilt with me today?

Old 01-01-2015, 03:46 PM

Onntheriver, your pineapple quilt is awesome! Thanks for posting the picture.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:23 PM

sewed squares together for a zig zag table runner, need to find a backing for it then finish it up. Finished quilting a jelly roll quilt and have binding pinned ready to sew but that's for tomorrow.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:47 PM

No sewing today. Going to see 2 of my sons in the a.m. and the rest of the day will be watching the bowl games. Tomorrow will take down tree, etc. and then on to the sewing room. Lots of things to clean up this year!
Old 01-01-2015, 05:26 PM

Watching the Ducks and hopefully the new QB for Tampa Bay Bucs next year then the Sugar. No dog in this fight, but my IRISH won their Bowl :-) I finished my first ever machine embroidery on my BL Unity yeah! Names, date etc for center back of the bargello DS and DDIL asked for from their wedding reception tablerunners. Now to border the 3 photo blocks and build the back. Making a tea towel apron per Jenny Doan on my other machine to calm down when I start to stress. Want it to be the best I can possibly make it-so thought it would help to switch over to simple sewing periodically. Love the white binding! Sure sounds like lots of cleaning & organizing going on as well as sewing!
Old 01-02-2015, 04:36 AM

I have to take down the trees, pack everything away, get my stuff back in a semblance of normalcy, get my sewing table back into working order, sewing machine threaded and ready to go (Actually, I should clean it first, yah, I'll do that first, and then vacuum up the rest of the cookie crumbs and I will be set. I think I can start sewing around the fifth of January. I have been working on returning the house to its springtime look for two days now. I'll get there. But I am really sorry, I don't think I can start quite yet. But my heart and my mind is so into getting back to sewing.
Happy New Year to all - God Bless us Everyone (again). Edie
Old 01-02-2015, 05:38 AM

I'm working on Jenny Doan's Flying Geese-Log Cabin with batiks and I'm putting black around the blocks.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:54 AM

Every year at Christmas, for about the last 5 years, I have told myself that I need new tablerunners and table toppers for Christmas. I made the ones I have about 10 years ago, and they no longer suit my style or my colors. Every year for the last 4 years I have completely forgot about this project until Christmas comes again, and then I don't have time. Today I am going to get these things started and hopefully finish them this week so this year at Christmas I will be able to use them. Wish me luck.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by sewmany View Post
Yes.... I am heading to my quilt room as soon as the coffee is done drewing.
I see that you had no coffee before this was posted!
Old 01-02-2015, 07:11 AM
Power Poster

I got some fabric starched for piecing. Added all the fabric I got on sale at Hancock's and couple notions the other day. Spent $40 and got at least 19 yards of fabric. Got that laundered and starched and pressed. Some cut for couple projects. I hate fabric to touch the floor, even though I clean/damp mop. I have since push my ironing board up near the cutting table. No more on the floor and I can roll it. I do that if I'm going to use right away!
Old 01-02-2015, 07:15 AM
Power Poster

That is gorgeous!
Originally Posted by ontheriver View Post
Pineapple quilt top finally finished today, decided to keep the borders simple and just complete the squares and add plain border. It is king size, 111 paper pieced 8 1/2 inch blocks. Now have to get a backing for it.