Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone want to quilt with me today? >

Anyone want to quilt with me today?

Anyone want to quilt with me today?

Old 01-02-2015, 08:23 AM

Waiting for the dishwasher repair man and dog sitting our daughter's English Mastiff and elderly lab mix (almost 16). I keep them both with me at all times, so our rambunctious 8 mo. old Goldens don't overpower the elderly dog. This morning we are in the home office and this afternoon we will be cutting out appliques for The Great Pumpkin Quilt by Jeanne Davis. I have had it for years and never get past a block or two before something else needs to be done NOW. (Joined the UFO Challenge on this board) I'm sure you have all been there. Yesterday I was going through the tutorials on EQ7. Once our daughter's dogs leave, I will be quilting a baby quilt for our vet and a spare baby quilt to have on hand.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:11 AM

Working on Cathedral Window inserts. Starting with denim rounds. I have almost 300 rounds cut. Now have to do squares for the insides. Looks like I will be busy for awhile, LOL... Will get back to it after I finish reading today's posts.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:43 PM

I am having the same problem......I get so frustrated I turn around and close the door!!!
Old 01-02-2015, 01:42 PM
Power Poster

I am getting ready to make my block of the month for a quilt my quilting club is working on. It will be a donated quilt to childern's hospital.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:04 PM

i am making a rag quilt for our spare bedroom, I have all the squares done and started to sew them in rows. After I did 3 of them with the "rag" part on the wrong side, I decided I should not quilt today.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:23 PM

Frustrating day with quilting--have 2 tops done but difficulty squaring them! after taking with my LQS buddy and another friend, we decided the one needs borders reduced and another attached before it goes on the long arm. And the other one had a major problem that is fairly easily fixed with more fabric--it's modern so it was the "open space" that was off square. Then I worked with my friend that will be co-teaching beginner quilt classes getting everything arranged and planned. Also started an art quilt (first) last night, but deciding I need to re-read some of Jean Wells material on art quilts before I go further.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by franc36 View Post
I'm making Jenny Doan's Disappearing Hourglass #2 blocks. My goal is to finish at least 12 blocks today. Fortunately, the Sugar Bowl is tonight so that will not interfere my sewing today. Happy New year everyone!
WE WON the Taxslayer Bowl!!! Woot woot!
Old 01-03-2015, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy View Post
My sewing room is such a mess I can hardly function. I have been trying this week to get a handle on it so I can sew. I don't want to clean, I want to sew. Unfortunately, when I go in there to work on something, I get so frustrated looking for something I go back to the computer. I guess I need to put on my big girl pantes and CLEAN IT UP. Wish me luck.
I want to get my cleaned up too! It is stacked with so much stuff. I try to get family to help but they want and they know I only have one arm to move stuff out or restack. I have to hold on to my crutch with my other hand. They want me to get this big desk out of here because it takes up a lot of room. But they aren't willing to help. It is a heavy joker to move. Solid oak and the whole top is covered with tape player, monitor, printer, keyboard 2 external drives and the tower among other things. I don't even know where to start.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:55 PM

Well Poodles if my family wouldn't help me, I would start by going on a sit down strike....no meals, no clean clothes and no nothing. Bet that would get their attention
Old 01-04-2015, 01:01 PM

Just came down from my upstairs sewing room where I finished cutting out a CT kit Santa brought me. The smell of my turkey roasting persuaded me to check it out and baste. The aforementioned kit is Jumping Jack from the Hampton Hues line. Happy fabric that reminds me of summertime treats - raspberry sherbet, creamsicles, root beer floats. The weather here has just stunk all weekend so it was a perfect time to spend in the sewing room and slow roasting that turkey.