Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Appalled on Ebay >

Appalled on Ebay

Appalled on Ebay

Old 08-27-2011, 04:43 PM

That's not really a problem with Ebay, it is a problem with a buyer who isn't paying attention or who may be a bit spoiled and wants what they want when they want it.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:56 PM

I think the buyer is trying to manipulate you. Any good buyer reads the complete listing and takes into consideration the price they want to pay and also the price of the shipping before they bid.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:57 PM

Several things to add :)

1. I'm amazed at how much this thread grew. But its really useful to get other people's feedback on selling on ebay

2. I have no issue selling a machine with problems because its up to the buyer to decide if they want to take a chance on it and I give as much information as I can to help them decide. If I just sold a machine that I knew had problems but didn't say anything....that would just be wrong.

3. I did change my listing around based on comments from you guys; changed the shipping, took off the reserve, and raised the starting price. So thanks a lot :)

4. Cause some one mentioned it.... I am not offended in anyway by anything some one says on this thread. I vented, you all offered feedback. I may not agree with everything but I respect that you took the time to offer it.

And some buyers on Ebay are a pain in the rear. I did have some one buy it but then message me saying their wife didn't read the listing and wanted to just pay me part and not receive the machine *eye roll*

Then again I've had really good experiences with nice people on Ebay. Screwed up in the last 30 seconds and hit the wrong number and in my haste didn't realize that I bid 100 over my max O.o They were kind enough offer a mutual cancellation

I'm not really a fan of selling on Craigslist. No real rhyme or reason.... just don't like it. I wonder if I can post it here? I should check with the mods and see......
Old 08-27-2011, 06:28 PM

The world is full of diverse personalities. I often have to ask myself, "what are they thinking" ?
Old 08-27-2011, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by SWEETPEACHES
If you offer it to them for free, they'll want you to deliver it and throw in some fabric.
:lol:
Old 08-27-2011, 08:00 PM

Don't give up. There is someone that will want it. That is a good price on both the machine and shipping. Of course shipping depends on the weight--don't short yourself there.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:34 PM

If you really don't want the machine to go for a dollar or give someone the impression it is worth only a dollar then pay the little extra to start at a higher beginning bid. However, in all honesty to yourself and potential buyers you stated you had had nothing but trouble with it. We restore machines and vest a minimum of 6 hours per a machine to ensure it is in top running order or we don't sell it. If you aren't willing to take the steps to make sure the machine is in great condition prior to sale then you got more then you deserved. May seem harsh but this is reality.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by SWEETPEACHES
If you offer it to them for free, they'll want you to deliver it and throw in some fabric.
Oh, and could you make my quilt for me too, and use your fabric of course! Silly people!
Old 08-27-2011, 11:54 PM

When I buy on eBay, I usually look for the "Buy It Now" items with a reasonable price and fair or free shipping. It's fast, easy and I'm done with the transaction.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:35 AM

I have sold a few things on eBay but it was too stressful. So mainly I just buy. I have never bought anything with a reserve because it says to me they want a certain amount that is probably beyond what I will want to pay since I am on the search for a bargain. I have bid .99 on lots of things and paid what I know was fair shipping.
It's pretty easy to tell who is making money on shipping.
I agree with those who say use a buy it now with free shipping.