Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here) >

Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here)

Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here)

Old 06-11-2012, 05:58 PM

I love to do machine applique using computerized designs. I use it in my quilts every chance it get.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ccorazone View Post
I love to do machine applique using computerized designs. I use it in my quilts every chance it get.
Picts.! We need ta see! Seriously I bet that it is lovely!
Old 06-12-2012, 06:13 AM

Very nice. More pictures please.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:18 AM

My applique teacher had a picnic at her house yesterday with the people from two classes that did "Birds of a Feather". About 20 showed up and we were in all different stages of progress. I was just amazed that each quilt will look so different. I've heard it said that quilts will look different even with the same pattern but this show and tell was a testament to that. I wish I had taken pictures to show everyone. A couple of ladies brought their "Dear Hannah" quilts and those were a work of art as well.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:28 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I love applique. I do fusible right now. I would love to learn how to do the needle turn applique but for now the fusible works well. I know lots of people do fusible so don't feel less than because you don't do needle turn.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I love applique. I do fusible right now. I would love to learn how to do the needle turn applique but for now the fusible works well. I know lots of people do fusible so don't feel less than because you don't do needle turn.
I don't do fusible or needle turn. I cut my shape out of freezer paper & iron it on the fabric. Then I cut my fabric 1/4" bigger then the shape. Next I use school glue & fold the seam allowance over the freezer paper & heat set it w/the iron. (Washable school glue washes out.) I then take the freezer paper off & repress the fold over. I use glue again ta attach the shape onto the background & heat set it again. (On the pillow I just pined it down. I couldn't figure how ta iron that pillow.) Then I either hand sew it on or machine stitch it. A lot of the time I will not sew it down until the whole piece is sandwiched then I will "appliquilt" it down, on the machine. Clear as mud?
I think all three ways are applique!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:30 AM

Default machine computerized applique

Originally Posted by dublb View Post
Picts.! We need ta see! Seriously I bet that it is lovely!
I am most proud of my Sun Bonnet Bells. It Queen size and it's always on my bed.
The one with cats is just cut outs from a fabric I liked with a satin stitch all around. The last is the first of many appliqued blocks for a quilt I have planned with Native American Indian designs and simulated bead work as the sashing and border using 1 1/2 inch squares. I think it will take me a while to get that one completed.
Attached Thumbnails applique2.jpg   applique3.jpg   applique5.jpg   applique4.jpg   applique6.jpg  

applique7.jpg   applique9.jpg   applique1.jpg  
Old 06-12-2012, 09:47 AM

Oh! How lovely! I just love it. Some day I want an embroidery machine.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:29 AM

You do absolutely beautiful work. I wouldn't even know where to begin.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:16 AM

I think I found people after my own heart! I am a newby at this, but I think I just love applique. I want to know how your satin stiches come out so perfect...I can not seem to make my machine move that smoothly. All of your work is so cool... I have done some rough edged applique on a rag quilt, and am "thinking" about doing a childs wall hanging that is touchable/washable with some real "textures" I would love suggestions for something like that. The one that I have done is a Nursery Rhyme story quilt. Please suggest away.[ATTACH=CONFIG]342032[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]342033[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]342035[/ATTACH]
The wall hanging I thought would be fun to design to go at the end of a crib.
Attached Thumbnails duckquilt.jpg   twolduck.jpg   mommaduck1.jpg