Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here) >

Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here)

Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here)

Old 09-16-2019, 07:38 AM

Silly question, but how do I subscribe to this thread. I go to Settings, but don’t see how to do it.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:26 AM

Okay, I didn't see how to subscribe at settings either. But, it you look at the top of the page here, you'll see 'Thread Tools'. Click on that and an option is to subscribe to this thread. Click on that.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:36 AM

So was there an answer to whether this thread is about all applique (including machine work) or just hand work?
Old 09-16-2019, 09:10 AM

I never considered it just about handwork. I used to post about my machine applique regularly. However if ya want info about using an embroidery machine for applique ya might get better info under the Machine Embroidery section. Or ya can send me a PM & I can give ya any hints I have.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:38 AM

No I do not have an embroidery machine. All the applique I do (well nearly all) is machine applique. I turn edge and straight stitch the edge (I really hate the feel of the iron on glue backing.) I think I posted some pics of some of my work several months ago to this thread, but then got to thinking it was probably more for hand work so had not posted pics again, so was just curious if this thread is meant for just hand work or not. I just didn't want to "intrude" w/ machine work if the main group was just wanting to keep this to hand work.
Originally Posted by dublb View Post
I never considered it just about handwork. I used to post about my machine applique regularly. However if ya want info about using an embroidery machine for applique ya might get better info under the Machine Embroidery section. Or ya can send me a PM & I can give ya any hints I have.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:04 PM

It doesn't say only hand applique so I think you're good. I love to see all types of applique. I mostly do needle turn but there are so many ways to applique and every one has its own beauty. I'm working on some raw edge applique that I'm satin stitching at the moment as well as the LBB. So, I do lots of different things.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:34 PM

Yes, so I'm thrilled with this thread, just like it is. All kinds of applique. I enjoy it all. It's inspirational to see and read what others are working on.
Having said that, I brought my applique block with me for 2 tests Dr. ordered. Better than playing on my phone or reading some magazine. Also stopped at JoAnns on my way home. Picked up a red thread that matches my red tulips more closely. I
Keep going. We are doing good, no matter how many check on this thread or post on it.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:14 PM

I just finished this block today, it is machine reverse applique.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]617486[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0424.jpg  
Old 09-16-2019, 08:33 PM

Very pretty, Kassaundra. I don't know much about machine applique. Those circles sure do come out perfect. Will this block be one of many just like it or is each block different in the project you are working on?
Old 09-17-2019, 03:36 AM

Thanks, it is a block for a block swap.
I nearly always do reverse applique when doing circles for me they come out better. I use a freezer paper template (hole) to make the hole in the fabric. That way my circle fabric is flat and doesn't get those weird tiny pointy things.

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
Very pretty, Kassaundra. I don't know much about machine applique. Those circles sure do come out perfect. Will this block be one of many just like it or is each block different in the project you are working on?