Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
That awful moment when... >

That awful moment when...

That awful moment when...

Old 09-04-2014, 04:31 PM

Tell yourself that it is really the Amish affect, you know, the one flaw that is deliberately made in each Amish quilt, and go on your merry way.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:34 PM

Oh for cryin' out loud! Why don't you try harder to make a mountain out of a molehill? I will bet that after six weeks have passed, you won't be able to tell where that backward piece is unless you mark it some way. You know that quilt is absolutely beautiful because of your "mistake." froggyintexas
Old 09-04-2014, 06:36 PM

I just wrapped up a yo-yo table runner. I found one inside out. I didn't like that I messed up but "it still looked fine." I left it. The wedding couple thought it was beautiful and that is what mattered to me. IMHO, let it go. Life is short.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:15 PM

Maybe this will make you feel better. I bought what I thought was a beautiful white on white fabric thinking it had a small white dottie pattern. Finished my quilt, loved how it looked and thought it was the best looking one I have ever made. I even gave myself a big pat on the back. Then I got new glasses and realized that my dots were really snowflakes. LOL I just went ahead and gave it to my niece as planned. I doubt she will ever never know the difference.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:36 AM

If you have more of the Favorite fabric, can you find another project to use it in? Don't be so hard on yourself. Enjoy your accomplishments. 😀
Old 09-05-2014, 05:38 AM

Betty62- that's funny!!! Great that you can laugh at it. Life's too short to stress over what's done.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by TerrimB View Post
If you have more of the Favorite fabric, can you find another project to use it in? Don't be so hard on yourself. Enjoy your accomplishments. 😀
It was the last of the fabric that I had left. It was leftovers from another quilt that I made that was intended for my bed, but I made it too short, so ended up with chilly shoulders or chilly toes!

It was finally dry last night after being washed, so I was able to snuggle under it all night and definitely enjoyed the accomplishment :-) and no chilly toes in sight!

Thank you everyone for your kind comments, it's helped a lot to know I'm not the only one who's done it!
Old 09-05-2014, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Sisty88 View Post
It was the last of the fabric that I had left. It was leftovers from another quilt that I made that was intended for my bed, but I made it too short, so ended up with chilly shoulders or chilly toes!

It was finally dry last night after being washed, so I was able to snuggle under it all night and definitely enjoyed the accomplishment :-) and no chilly toes in sight!

Thank you everyone for your kind comments, it's helped a lot to know I'm not the only one who's done it!
I am betting your toes didn't see a problem....lol!
Old 09-05-2014, 03:00 PM

Depending on the design you could put a patch on it or lace any thing to cover it up if its that noticeable.