Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Back from Paducah  WHEW!! >

Back from Paducah WHEW!!

Back from Paducah WHEW!!

Old 04-23-2010, 04:42 AM

The same thing happened to me last year - Wednesday was so crowded you couldn't get near anything - at Hancock's I couldn't even get a cart thru the aisles. That's primarily why I decided to forego it this year. Someone told me that the last day is now the 'best' day to go. Maybe next year......
Old 04-23-2010, 05:29 AM

I loved the little shop across the street. The quilter's gallery maybe. Maybe the name is wrong. It is straight across the street. Don't miss that shop if you are in Paducah.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:34 AM
Power Poster

Awww....someday......I'm glad you got to go though. :D :D
Old 04-23-2010, 06:04 AM

I went with a bus from a LQS, and met lots of other people from my guild there. I DID have a red ribbon on my tote, and a bow of banana fabric, but saw no other red ribboned totes, so I didn't 'recognize' anyone from the forum.
It was quite crowded as lots of people see someone they know and stop to visit in the aisles of the bubble. The aisles were not wide enough, but there was so much to see that I felt it was my obligation as a quilter to go up and down EVERY aisle!
I aksed questions and watched demos, but enjoyed the Martelli boothbest. Linda there had lost her voice, so it was an intimate demo! I got to visit with venders from previous years and I saw way too much beautiful fabric, but I resisted! NO NEW FABRIC! I did get some tools I had been looking for, and overall, I plan to go again next year!
I did not use the shuttle to visit other venues this year. Waning energy can be blamed for that oversite!
I ate way too much and am exhausted today, and have lots to do!
Old 04-23-2010, 06:34 AM

wish Jacksonville, Fla had one of these or anywhere close by!
I always wanted to go to an quilting show, exhibits get together showing!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:00 AM

Try the quilt show in Houston - Fly into Hobby with Southwest - it's the cheapest. Awesome show and great vendors - lots of room but it still gets crowded and they open up a food court with healthy and unhealthy food.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:10 PM

WHAT IS A BALLOON? I GUESS THIS IS A QUILT SHOW?
Old 04-23-2010, 01:05 PM

I am new to the site. Just looking around and I sure like the quilt in the background of your picture. I live way over in NC, so newer been to paducah. June
Old 04-23-2010, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by juneandherb
I am new to the site. Just looking around and I sure like the quilt in the background of your picture. I live way over in NC, so newer been to paducah. June
Welcome!
Old 04-23-2010, 01:59 PM

I am still in Paducah and having so much fun! We are going to see Ricky Tims tonight. He is always entertaining.

The crowds have been ok. The only time that I have had that "Let me out of here!" feeling was this morning at Hancocks in the back room. Way too many people shopping at once. They had reduced the fabric in there to $3.98. The front of the store had lots of shoppers, too, but they were more spread out.

Here is a link to the Pavilion. http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/local/89310632.html

It is really nice. With vendors in 3 places in the convention center and others in the Pavilion (bubble), it worked out really well. Of course, you could shop with Eleanor at Carson Park and with the vendors on Kentucky and at the mall. Something for everyone.

The quilts are beautiful. I can only look at quilts for so long, before I go into quilt overload. Then it is time for shopping! Shop, look at quilts, shop, look at quits.

We are going home tomorrow. I have walked around with a big red bow on my bag, but haven't run into any forum menbers. With so many people, I guess we just aren't seeing each other. Oh, well, some of us tried, right?