Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Baltimore Album?

I've always wanted to do a Baltimore Album quilt. I found this in the BOM topics:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20178-1.htm

But, I can't find anything else on it. Is anyone still doing it?

I also pm'd shadowdancer and didn't get a response, maybe she's not on here anymore? Its shows it as "unread".

I really , really love the Baltimore Bliss quilt on fatcat patterns site. Do they post one each month? It's on block 7 right now, are they ending it with the last one? Would I just be out of luck to try to start it now?

I'd love to do this as BOM on here, its keeps me working better, and where I'm such a newbie, I love having all the help that comes with doing a quilt with you guys!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I would work on your skills before attempting one of those.
    You said newbie, but maybe you just meant new to the board??
    Sorry if I misinterpreted!!
    They are VERY labor intensive!!

No, Susan, I meant NEWBIE, LOL!!

I actually have been quilting for a few years, but have only made a few quilts. I've always worked full time, until the last year, and now I've actually got time to do it.

I am pretty good at hand applique, which is how I would do this one. You are right, though, I do need some more experience. That's another reason why I'd like to do it as a BOM with you guys.

Ah- that makes sense!! But if you do hand applique it sounds like you know what you're doing. A BOM would be fun.
    I love hand applique but I just started the Farmer's Wife 2 blocks a week that some of the board members are doing and it has about a million blocks in it LOL
    Glad you have more ME time these days~!

I'm doing the Farmer's Wife quilt, too. I think its a great learning experience for me! I've already learned a lot from the people doing it.

I'm a bit behind, too. I'm finishing up block 6 right now. Getting ready to do 7 & 8 to catch up. I think I'm going to hand piece 7, though, all those tiny pieces.

I'm much better at hand sewing than I am by machine. I've actually been hand sewing since I was little girl. My mom was into cross stitch and embroidery, so she taught me that when I was little girl. I just wish she had got into quilting!

Blog Entries
    It is from fat cat patterns and even if you don't have time now , I would print out or download the patterns for later.

What she does over there is put up a block a month then at the end pulls it down and sells the complete pattern ( and not very expensive, but if you want it for free get it now !)

Some one may have the blocks you are missing :thumbup:

I'm on the East coast about an hour from Baltimore. They are story quilts usually made for weddings or anniversaries and are still big doings over here. I admire them but have no wish to do the intricate ones. I like the wreaths and flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by sharon b
    It is from fat cat patterns and even if you don't have time now , I would print out or download the patterns for later.

What she does over there is put up a block a month then at the end pulls it down and sells the complete pattern ( and not very expensive, but if you want it for free get it now !)

Some one may have the blocks you are missing :thumbup:
    Does anyone have the first 6 they could email me?

Banned
    I, too, want to make a Baltimore Album quilt.

I just finished a double wedding ring wallpattern.

It turned out so pretty.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Karen, it is lovely!!! You did a great job :D

Banned
    Thanks Susan....It was so easy....

I am doing the Baltimore Bliss quilt. I posted some photos here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-62099-1.htm

It's a lot of applique work and I personally don't think it's a good idea to tackle this as a beginner. Of course, you know what you can do so it's up to you.

The block patterns must be purchased if you missed them. You can buy them individually ($3) or the complete set ($20).

I love Baltimore and wanted to do a quilt since I first started quilting. It's been like 9 years now and still haven't done it. I've got exited when I saw the thread about Baltimore but it was started already and I read that the blocks are available just for one month. I am doing The Farmer's Wife and the Boomerang 3, I am behind on both.... but... I still want to do teh Baltimore. I keep checking to see if anybody starts the project again. Let me know please!!!

Karen, I love it. Where can I find the pattern? Ann

Karen, that wedding ring is georgous!

That's another quilt in my "someday" pile, LOL!

I am doing a Baltimore Album BOM from Stitchin' Heaven in Quitman, TX. I've attached pictures of 3 of the blocks. They send 2 blocks a month, and I just got blocks 15 and 16. There are 25 blocks total, plus the borders. This is the first applique I've done and I sometimes feel like I've bitten off more than I can chew, but I keep plugging away.

Block 3
    Name:  Attachment-108077.bmp
Views: 61
Size:  1.37 MB

Block 5
    Name:  Attachment-108084.bmp
Views: 60

Block 11
    Name:  Attachment-108085.bmp
Views: 60