Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Batik Addicts

Blog Entries
    What 2 beautiful quilts! Batiks are sooo pretty.

Very pretty iris quilt!

Blog Entries
    Love your quilt. You've done an amazing job. How long did it take?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    What a great little quilt you made using batiks. I like batiks alot but I seem to generally mix all types of fabrics including batiks. I often use some batik inside the quilt and then have a batik border.
    That is beautiful. I love your colour selection.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by azwendyg
    I'm with you on the batiks!

Your quilt turned out VERY CUTE! I have the book with that pattern in it; lot of other neat stuff in it too. :thumbup:

I've just finished basting the batik quilt that is in my avatar. I finished the top over a year ago, but wanted to wait until I had more practice FMQing before I did that one. I think I'm ready now, and will start the FMQ on it this weekend. This quilt is destined for my living room where I can see it every day!

When it is finished, I'll post some detailed pics. :wink:
    I love your quilt. It's very arty. Your colours are amazing. I wish I could see a close up of it.

I posted a couple of close ups on my website to show the little 3D figures in more detail.

Have you got a some bigger close ups? I'd love to see the batiks you are using. They work together so well.

Thanks

Wacky Jacky

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rb.
    Signing in, addict here. LOL. Once I started buying batiks, I stopped buying anything else...except black solid. Cutting my batiks hurts me, but I do it.

< batik avatar
    I know what you mean. But it's so worth it.

Wacky Jacky

Just beautiful. :thumbup:

That quilt is gorgeous!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeO123
    I just want to say a really big shoutout to all Batik Addicts. I am a huge fan of Batiks. I have recently finished a 3D quilt using Batiks. It has little 3D characters that fly kites and seals and rope. It was such an exciting project.

If you love batiks let me know about your project. I just love new inspiration.

Wacky Jacky
    Wow! How cool is that?!?!?! I too love batiks, but have not ventured into an all batik quilt yet....yet.... I am making a QAYG seashell quilt using batiks. It is posted as WIP-QAYG. I got some jelly roll strips that are all dark blue batik, looks to be the same design all through and am looking for inspiration to use them.

I, too, love batiks. The colors are so vibrant and each quilt is different. The quilt shown here is totally batik. There are 22 different fabrics in this quilt and the colors make the design. The pattern is the basic log cabin. So easy to do and looks so complicated.

Love your quilt! I'm also hooked on batiks. I'm working on a Desert 9 Patch that came as a kit. LOVE IT! I have another block in mind where I'm going to use batiks. Can't wait to finish the D9P to see how it looks when all the blocks are are together.

all the batik quilts are fantastic!! wackyjacky, I LOVELOVELOVE your design and colors! i think batiks are my all time favorite, too. it's scary how much they are a yard these days! keep those gorgeous batik designs coming!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeO123
    I just want to say a really big shoutout to all Batik Addicts. I am a huge fan of Batiks. I have recently finished a 3D quilt using Batiks. It has little 3D characters that fly kites and seals and rope. It was such an exciting project.

If you love batiks let me know about your project. I just love new inspiration.

Wacky Jacky
    I love love love batiks.... what is the name of this pattern & what book is it in? Your quilt is gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by maryb119
    I love batiks, too. My stash is full of them. Batiks are what catches my eye when I walk in a quilt shop. Prints come and go but I think batiks are timeless. I am working on a batik quilt with embroderied iris on it. The colors are blue, green and lavender with a multi colored batik for the main fabric. It's been a chalenge! I call it "Crazy about Iris".
    Beautiful quilt.... I love the batiks and all your details!

Blog Entries
    My only understanding of batik is an Indonesian way of printing the material. What else am I missing? What is so special about batiks, a certain look, feel, quality?

Blog Entries
    Delightful quilt!

neat quilt! never a big fan of batiks, but coming to love them as I see more and more beautiful work done on this board.

Blog Entries
    I never could afford batiks on my budget,but a friend turned me on to them. I do hand needleturn applique and batiks are great for this .They dont ravel and the colors are great in Jacobean type applique .I am finishing a sampler one of flowere and it is gorgeous. Also can do on my SS budget as I can buy as little as and eighth of a yard of fabric and get many piecee. hope this makes sense.

Love those colors MaryB; another Batik addict here. Love the Bali Pops and Jelly Rolls etc. etc., lately have made some handbags from the strips and totes etc. for Christmas gifts. Am going to start on a quilt very soon ... having trouble deciding which color combination; they are endless.

I have been in love with batiks for years. I gravitate toward them whenever I'm in a fabric store. I drool, I fondle, I buy. I've made several quilts using only batiks or batiks and a solid. I am working on another now. All of the quilts shown in this thread are absolutely beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting
    I also love batiks. I will be starting a Judy Neimeyer Bali Star Wedding quilt. My oldest son is getting married in Sept.
    Are you taking a class to do that quilt, or just doing it?
    I am in the process of collecting fabrics for it, but plan
    to take a class.
    Marcia

Quote Originally Posted by ruthrec
    I, too, love batiks. The colors are so vibrant and each quilt is different. The quilt shown here is totally batik. There are 22 different fabrics in this quilt and the colors make the design. The pattern is the basic log cabin. So easy to do and looks so complicated.
    Can you post a full on picture of your avatar quilt?

Quote Originally Posted by Lori S
    I too just love batiks! My stash of batiks has taken over the space leaving little room for traditional fabrics. I look for projects to combine paper piecings and batiks.
    Lori, I absolutely love your quilt. Was that your first
    Judy Neimeyer, or have you done others?
    Marcia

Quote Originally Posted by maryb119
    I love batiks, too. My stash is full of them. Batiks are what catches my eye when I walk in a quilt shop. Prints come and go but I think batiks are timeless. I am working on a batik quilt with embroderied iris on it. The colors are blue, green and lavender with a multi colored batik for the main fabric. It's been a chalenge! I call it "Crazy about Iris".
    I am not the FQ Stash Queen for nothing. Love, love, love batiks and balis. Have enough on hand to make that quilt. It is absolutely the most fantabulous one I have seen in I don't know how long. Please PM me if you don't mind sharing the pattern.

Thanks, and God Bless. Cherie

I hope this worked, here are 2 of my latest quilts
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-93128-1.htm

I can't seem to look at anything but Batiks. It's like no other fabrics are in the quilt shops.
    Your quilt is just "Beautiful" ,a true work of art. Thanks for sharing!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast