Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bendable Bright Light

Thanks so much for those great comments. Sounds like it's a winner! I ordered one from Quilting Warehouse. They have it on sale for $27.95 if anyone is interested. Shipping is a little over $7.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeysnana
    I just saw on Joann's a light-Mighty Bright Vusion Craft light for $25 and there is a 50% coupon to apply. Has anyone tried this light yet?
    hi joeysnana - is this the one?

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...ID=xprd1002320

if so, i think it looks nice for table work, but not sure around the machine - seems it would get in the way?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee
    Just wanted to ask who has bought the Bendable Bright Light? If you have, do you find it helpful, or not so much?
    Yes I have two - it's a terrific light. Have retired both my Ott lights.
    I've not seen them at Joann's and all the LQS that I frequent charge c. $50.

Quote Originally Posted by granniebj
    I could sure use one! Are they expensive?
    I don't know what they are. I have a bendy book light that clips on to your book. Is it somthing like that? And where do you get it?

After reading this thread this morning, I went online and ordered it from Joanns. Using the 50% off coupon, it came to $25 plus shipping and tax. I think it was about $31 total. I can't wait for it to arrive.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricluvr
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeysnana
    I just saw on Joann's a light-Mighty Bright Vusion Craft light for $25 and there is a 50% coupon to apply. Has anyone tried this light yet?
    hi joeysnana - is this the one?

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...ID=xprd1002320

if so, i think it looks nice for table work, but not sure around the machine - seems it would get in the way?
    THE ONE THAT YOU SHOW FROM JOANN'S IS NOT THE BRIGHT BENDABLE.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricluvr
    i just ordered 2 of them from quilting-warehouse.com. the total was $61.65 (usps shipping incl). got one for me and one for mom. if mom doesn't like it, i'll put it on my second machine!
    THAT'S IT AND THAT'S A GREAT PRICE.
    THANKS FOR THE INFO.

When I was in Joann's recently, I saw a similar light (to the Bendable). They had bright colors like green, blue and purple. It looked a little bigger - the part you stick on your machine and I think it uses batteries. It is an economical choice if it works well. (seemed like a good price)

I bought one that attaches to my sewing machine a few months ago and would not trade it for anything. It is absolutely great on blacks and dark colors. As mentioned before, it is great for ripping out also.

I bought one 6 months ago and haven't attached. Out of sight out of mind.

I checked Jo Ann's here & they do not carry the Bendable Bright Light. The bendable bright light is electric and sticks to your machine with a sticky pad then has little sticky hooks you attach to the back of your machine to run the cord through. Quilting-Warehouse has the cheapest price I have ever found them. I've bought sev. for Christmas gifts last year & have 2 for myself. I love them.

Two B's in Topping VA have them for $39.95. Of course shipping would be added Their # is 804-758-2642

I just bought one from Quilting-Warehouse.com it was only $27.95. Everywhere else it is selling for $40-$55. Even with shipping and an extra mount it was less than I could get it from anywhere else I had looked.

I have a bendable light and I love it. I also have a ott light and I use both . You can aim the bendable light right on the needle and it really helps . At least it does me.

yes, I have the bendable and LOVE it. Can direct the light just where I want it for FM. Especially good when using invisible thread to quilt with.

lyn

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee
    Just wanted to ask who has bought the Bendable Bright Light? If you have, do you find it helpful, or not so much?
    I did and I LOVE it. You can get more "bases" to attach to mutliple machines to move it around. I've had it over a year - use it most of every day, and it's been great!

I found a smaller, more economical one from shoppersrule.com. This is a site full of sewing/embroidery items. I do purchase quite a few things from them and you can sign up for email notices of specials.
    The one I purchased is an LED light-again this is a cheaper model-but wanted to have something I could "spotlight " my sewing area more when I am at classes or retreats where the lighting might not be what I'm used to at home.
    The one I bought is Light it up Easy Bend LED. Mine was a special 2-pk in Pink and it was $14.96 for the 2. It attaches with velcro and also has a clip and can be a book light.

Blog Entries
    I always wonder what you do about the cord on those lights that fit on the machine. Do they get in the way when you are sewing??

Blog Entries
    I always wonder what you do about the cord on those lights that fit on the machine. Do they get in the way when you are sewing??

Joann stores don't carry the Bendable Bright but it is available on the website and you can use the 50% off coupon.

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...ID=xprd1130488

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickle
    I haven't had any trouble, but it might depend on where you place it on the machine. I placed it in the way they showed it in their picture and it's no trouble. It's a great light.

I bought one recently at Craft Warehouse on sale (not the $60 one at JoAnn's). I attached to one of my sewing machines and I couldn't believe the difference! It's like I had been sewing in the dark for decades! I went back and bought 2 more bases to put on my other two workhorses...now I can move my LED light from machine to machine. Net cost was $10 per machine. Just can't say enough about the difference it makes!

The cord goes across the back of you machine and attaches with little sticky hooks that come with the light. Once installed, you forget the cord is there unless you move your machine around - it does have it's own plug which needs an outlet. I would much rather have one that plugs into an outlet so I don't have to worry about changing batteries or even finding the right battery.

I love mine and may buy a second one. I always seem to be moving mine from one place to another, so if I have 2, not only will I have more light, I can keep one in the same position!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle
    i haven't gotten mine yet, but as i understand it, there are clips that adhere to the back of your machine to run the cord through to keep it out of the way.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast