Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bendable Bright Light

Blog Entries
    Love mine! In fact, I plan on getting another one for my other machine.

Bev
    Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    If I needed to get another one, that is the one I would opt for. I have a desk light (Ott-ish) and it is a huge space waster plus the way the arm extends is anywhere but where I need it.
    Ditto!!
    But I bought one of the bendables that goes on the machine. Waiting for it to arrive. I'm SO looking forward to being able to see without bending into the machine and squinting.

8-)

My mom bought me one for Christmas and one for my birhtday in February. I love them!!! www.quilting-warehouse.com is where I got them both at the best price. You won't be disappointed.

Blog Entries
    Have one and love it. I got mine on E Bay very resonable. $24.
    Just got lucky. I wouldn't do with out it. It's worth the money even if it's $49.

Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana
    Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    If I needed to get another one, that is the one I would opt for. I have a desk light (Ott-ish) and it is a huge space waster plus the way the arm extends is anywhere but where I need it.
    I think I have that same light, MadQuilter. I even bought one with a magnifying glass and a light, but they stuck out in my face and were in the way or didn't go where I needed them. I'm going to see what everyone suggests and get one. I do more light adjusting than anything else it seems. The way the bottom is on the light I have, I can't get it close enough to be of any real help. I got my glasses changed and now I can at least thread the machine. lol Seriously, I couldn't do it before.

I have a big Ott light that flexes in two places. I get that put right down to the presser foot. I can't see well without it, even with glasses.

Yes, I was lucky enough to get a generous gift certificate and that was the first thing on my list! It is fantastic! I have an Ott lite which I have used for years. Now I don't need it by my machine. I have moved it to my TV room for when I am doing hand work.

One of my best tools for sewing. I recommend it no matter how bad or good your eyes are. I have used it for over a year.
    I did see one that works with batteries and is much cheaper might be a good one for anyone on a budget and needing the extra light. Quilter000

Blog Entries
    I have the bendable Ott floor lamp. Bought it on sale at JoAnn's. I swivel it from sewing machine to cutting table. LOVE IT! It shows the REAL colors, and it makes accurate cutting so much easier for old-ER eyes.

Senior Member such a sew and sew's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I bought all kinds of other lights. Once I got the bendable light I never use the others anymore. It is the best!

Yes, I bought a bendable bright light about a year ago. It was well worth the investment. You can very easily direct the light to just where you want it. I've found it to be a big help.

Lucy

I have the Jansco bendable light that has a heavy stand that I have on my sewing table just to the left of the machine. The bendable part is about 18 inches long. If I'm ripping I can redirect it to my hand work, as it is not attached to anything. It is wonderfully bright for 70's eyes. I purchased it from IKEA store. It is shown online in the living room section meant to highlight art, etc, but cannot be ordered online. It was $39.95. I have two of them. I purchased three more for guild friends that wanted one after they saw it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazicorn
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricluvr
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickle
    I always wonder what you do about the cord on those lights that fit on the machine. Do they get in the way when you are sewing??
    i haven't gotten mine yet, but as i understand it, there are clips that adhere to the back of your machine to run the cord through to keep it out of the way.
    I like my light a lot, but one of the clips peeled off once and now won't stay put. Plus, I notice that when I am trying to quilt, the light frequently gets in the way. I have tried to move it up above the machine during these times, but it usually drops back down. I am a bit aggressive when I am quilting though.

Get some double sided tape and put on the clips. It will make it stick again. :D :D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricluvr
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeysnana
    I just saw on Joann's a light-Mighty Bright Vusion Craft light for $25 and there is a 50% coupon to apply. Has anyone tried this light yet?
    hi joeysnana - is this the one?

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...ID=xprd1002320

if so, i think it looks nice for table work, but not sure around the machine - seems it would get in the way?
    yes, that's the one. I agree with you. Not good for around the machine and I need one for around the machine.

Blog Entries
    Woo hoo!!! I just bought my bendable bright light from Quilters-Warehouse.

Ladies how do they attach to the machine? Is it magnet or sticky? Does it slide or stay right where you attach it to the machine. And you can get them at JoAnne's?

I picked up a neat little one the other day at Joanne's. It is cordless, takes 3 AAA batteries. I don't need it all the time, my machine is in font of a window. Great during daylight, but I needed something more at night, or dark days. This can be free standing, but I have it adhered to the side of my machine. The flexible arm is about 12 inches and has 3 little LED bulbs in it, so it doesn't radiate a lot of heat. $15.95, but I had my coupon. It suits my purpose.

Yesit is helpful. I can see so much better with it. Of ALL the quilt supplies, this is the greatest,

Use mine all the time. Just love and wonder how I got along w/o it. Sometimes nancysnotions.com has it on sale. That where I think I ordered mine about a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by marla
    Yesit is helpful. I can see so much better with it. Of ALL the quilt supplies, this is the greatest,
    Marla, your avatar is beautiful! Oh, and thanks to whomever started this thread. I just ordered a bendable light from JA too, and used the 50% off coupon that I also heard about here. Thank you, so much. I've had so much trouble seeing where my fabric is under the PF. This should really help with my quarter inch seams. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    You won't be sorry, it is money well spent. Us *older* gals have these nice machines and then mother nature won't let us see what we are doing!

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
    You won't be sorry, it is money well spent. Us *older* gals have these nice machines and then mother nature won't let us see what we are doing!
    You got that right!! lol

Mine sticks with an adhesive block, you stick it on the case of the light. You can remove the battery, flexible arm and light components from the case if you want to borrow it for another machine or another purpose, easy to change batteries. I saw Janome's new "Horizon" the other day, I believe it had 5 lights around the needle area.

Bev
    I just installed mine. It came with the "sticky" block and little hooks with sticky stuff to keep the cord under control. As soon as I started using it I felt so much better! I could finally SEE what was going on under the needle. :D
    I wish I had gotten it sooner. The newest Janome I have, a Jem Platinum 760, has a light so dim you can't even tell when it's turned on. I don't know if they're all like that, but this has been a problem for me. Just the light, nothing else. I love my Janomes. 8-)

Blog Entries
    Antoinette, it attaches with sticky hooks and plugs into an outlet (no batteries). I've had mine for a couple of months and have had no trouble with either stickies or lamp. It's great especially for sewing dark fabrics at NIGHT. My eyesight is not what it used to be. Good luck with it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast