Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bernina 440

Unhappy Bernina 440

Help- might be tooo easy for you experts - but I cannot understand how to top-thread my Bernina 440QE -long time since I've sewed anything and feeling v frustrated- can't understand blury diagram and haven't been able to find anything useful on YouTube!

Power Poster
    Put spool on the spool holder, take the thread and go through the first thread guide at the left backside of the machine A. then through the tension disc B down around the silver bar and up through the thread take up leverC. Then down through the guides D and E. make sure to press the needle up down button so that the thread take up lever is in the highest position to use the needle threader. Here is the picture if that helps...
    Attached Images Attached Images

This machine threads the same as every other machine I've used that was made 1980 on, so if you know how to use a different sewing machine, don't try to over complicate it- it's probably the same. You can find videos all over youtube.

Here is one specifically on a Bernina (though different model, the process is the same) the threading happens around 2:15
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPLs-FcWGYo

great ! Thanks! it works!!!!