Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bernina 440 QE >

Bernina 440 QE

Bernina 440 QE

Old 10-18-2010, 06:26 AM

I have this machine and I love it. I didn't compare any machines when I bought it because I also have an older Bernina that I love also. The 440 is just more up to date and I can add the embroidery unit if I want to.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:41 AM

I have a Bernina 440QE and love it for quilting and any other sewing. It is a bit pricey but my dealer has a sale in around May of every year with machines used in classes with a new warranty. That is when I purchased mine and haven't had any problems. They offer free classes and are very helpful.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:48 AM

I have had my Bernina 440 QE for almost two years and I am absolutely in love with it!! I know it is a little pricey, but boy is it ever worth it. Not one bit of trouble with it.

I bought mine during a promotion where I got the many extras for free like the embroidery module, BSR, and two sole walking foot.

My Bernina dealer is fabulous! I get to take free classes there for as long as I own my Bernina and all I have to do is call or email and she gets right back to me if I have an issue. That is almost as important to me as the machine itself!

But I don't regret my purcahse one bit. Now I am saving up for a Bernina 830!
Old 10-18-2010, 07:18 AM

Hi, I have had my 440 for over a year. I love it!!! Never have had any problems. I also have a Phaff which I really like too. I accidently dropped it and have to take in for check up. What I like about the 440 is the stitch regulator. Maybe you can find one on E-Bay or other sites on internet less expensive. I love the quilt you made as your log on picture. It is very pretty. Best of luck finding one!! :thumbup:
Old 10-18-2010, 07:28 AM

I've had mine about a year and a half and I LOVE it. It's been a great machine. I'm going to have to part with it for maintenance and I feel like a junkie going into rehab. I've had no problems with it, except that the stitch regulator wasn't working right. It was covered under the warranty. That was a bit of a hassle, but it was the dealer's fault, not Bernina's. Be sure to buy from a reputable dealer unless you don't care about your warranty.

Eventually, I decided to add the embroidery module and I found one on eBay for half price. I really like that too, but it's hard to learn without having access to classes. If you decide to do that at some point in time, first figure out how you're going to learn to use it. It isn't the sort of thing you can teach yourself. Mine had me in tears until I found a class. Now my embroidery module and I are great friends.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:30 AM

I have the 440E and I love it do all of my machine quilting on it and anyone who thinks stippling is hard should have one of these machines with the stitch regulator absolutely wonderful
Old 10-18-2010, 07:33 AM

P. S. If I'm not mistaken, Bernina has some sort of event going on now. I can't remember what it entails, but you might be able to get a good deal this month. Check it out soon or you might miss it. It may only be in my area, but I could swear I just received something via email and snail mail about it.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:07 AM

I have a 440 QE. I like it very much. I must say that it is a little noisy. It is expensive. Just go ahead and splurge!! I have not mastered using the BSR (Bernina Stitch Regulator) for FMQ. I have not had time to really practice, which it takes as in hand quilting.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:16 AM

Have a B630 and love it. Yes, a little high dollar for machine and extra feet, but I am worth it!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:06 AM
cc

Bernina has come out with new models. I haven't done extensive research on them, but they seem to be like their other models only without all the bells and whistles. I don't think they can do embroidery and I don't know if they can handle the BSR. But they are sleek black and silver and have the new bright LED lights and a better designed extension table. The one I looked at briefly seemed to be almost identical to my 450 anniversary ed. Aurora in features--and only half the price! Worth looking into!