Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bernina BSR Help Please >

Bernina BSR Help Please

Bernina BSR Help Please

Old 09-10-2011, 12:05 PM

Hi all,

I finally decided to get out my Bernina BSR (stitch regulator), and I've come to the conclusion that either it is not working properly, or I'm not!

Can anyone tell me how the BSR is SUPPOSED to behave? I can't seem to get the red light to even come on most of the time. I is properly plugged in to the port, and the machine recognizes that it is there, giving me the screen with the BSR1 and BSR2 modes on it. Once I get that far, I can't figure out how to get it started. I can press the BSR button on the screen and it changes from having a green check mark to having a red X, in either mode, but the red light on the BSR doesn't come on like the book says it should. The start button does nothing for it either.

Suggestions, anyone???
Old 09-10-2011, 12:08 PM

Make sure your feed dogs are dropped - I couldn't make mine work until I did this. I think there's a mode where the foot pedal needs to be disconnected too, but you'd have to look at the manual for which one.
Janet
Old 09-10-2011, 12:11 PM

Thanks Janet. The feed dogs are down, and I've tried both modes with and without the foot pedal connected a few times...
Old 09-10-2011, 12:37 PM

If I remember right, I had to push the feed dog button again - they were down, but somehow it didn't register that fact in the software.

I've only used mine a few times, but I'm sure someone who uses it more often will come by shortly and help you out.

Janet
Old 09-10-2011, 12:54 PM

The BSR doesn't "start" until you move the fabric. When you have it plugged in, the needle will be up. press the part of the foot pedal that is lower (closer to you) and the needle will go down. release and it will come up, bringing the bottom thread up. You can now move the threads out of the way to prevent knotting. Start moving your fabric (I hope you are working on a test sandwich) slowly at first and your needle will start moving slowly. During this period you learn to move the fabric fast enough to get consistent size stitches. Slowly speed up the movement of the fabric and the needle will move faster. I don't remember which, 1 or 2, but with one of the, if you stop moving the fabric, the needle stops. With the other one it continues moving but very slowly. I prefer for it to stop completely. Good luck.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Maride
The BSR doesn't "start" until you move the fabric. When you have it plugged in, the needle will be up. press the part of the foot pedal that is lower (closer to you) and the needle will go down. release and it will come up, bringing the bottom thread up. You can now move the threads out of the way to prevent knotting. Start moving your fabric (I hope you are working on a test sandwich) slowly at first and your needle will start moving slowly. During this period you learn to move the fabric fast enough to get consistent size stitches. Slowly speed up the movement of the fabric and the needle will move faster. I don't remember which, 1 or 2, but with one of the, if you stop moving the fabric, the needle stops. With the other one it continues moving but very slowly. I prefer for it to stop completely. Good luck.
That's just the problem, Maria. The needle does not start moving no matter how much I move the fabric. I'm thinking there is something wrong with it...
Old 09-10-2011, 01:27 PM

I see. I start to think so too. You should be able to see the little red light. Did you buy it recently?
Old 09-10-2011, 01:28 PM

I can use mine...there is just no control. I have used both modes and tried moving it slow fast or in between..and it breaks needles no matter what. And it moves like its possessed. It speeds up to the maximum sewing speed. Its been very frustrating. I get it out every now and then just to test it. Does the same thing ever since I got it. I keep hoping like magic things will change. =/
Old 09-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Kas

Take it back to the dealer for an update. I just never use mine. It drives me CRAZY!
Old 09-10-2011, 02:04 PM

Yes have them demo with YOUR BSR !!! Then they and you can see what's up !!