Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Best invention yet >

Best invention yet

Best invention yet

Old 01-20-2014, 03:27 PM

Thank you again for posting this! I just finished ordering them from Nancy's Notions! She has free shipping so I saved even more... by saving I mean by purchasing these instead of the QC2... a girl simply must save her pennies/dollars for more fabric!!
Thank you everyone for all of your very helpful replies!! I am excited to use these!!!
Old 01-20-2014, 03:28 PM

Caspharm.... Thank you for the compliment on my kitty! Love him sew much and he too loves to 'help' me sew and quilt! He sits in the window and meow's at all the birdies! lol
Old 01-20-2014, 03:59 PM

I really want these and have been wishing for them but I know as soon as I buy one, they'll come out with a 'new and improved' version. I might be at a shop that sells them this weekend (Erica's in South Bend, Indiana) so I can see them in person and decide.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:02 PM

Thank you for posting about this tool. I will be going to Quilt show hope they have it there
Old 01-20-2014, 05:20 PM
Power Poster

The main purpose of the Slidelock is for safety, holding the ruler in place is second. Put the Slidelock on top of the ruler and then cut. No use taking the ruler away.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Divokittysmom View Post
Caspharm.... Thank you for the compliment on my kitty! Love him sew much and he too loves to 'help' me sew and quilt! He sits in the window and meow's at all the birdies! lol
We have been kittyless for a year and I miss them. We are hoping to travel in the next couple of years and DH doesn't want to have to worry about them, so after we put our last cat down (she was about 18 and failing), we are on a kitty hiatus.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
The main purpose of the Slidelock is for safety, holding the ruler in place is second. Put the Slidelock on top of the ruler and then cut. No use taking the ruler away.
That makes no sense to me. It wouldn't solve the problem of the slippage between the regular ruler and the fabric if you put the slide lock on top of the ruler. You need the slide lock directly on the fabric to utilize the non-slipability of it.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:07 PM

I got mine about one month ago. I really like it but I wish it would have had the measurements
on it. I need to start something so I can use it again. It sure helped my accuracy.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:20 PM

I desperately want one but they are still only in USA and with postage make a very expensive item. Come on shops in UK hurry up and get them into UK.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:54 AM

You know, I watched the you tube on it and I thought "Golly, that is really expensive for two pieces of wood or plastic and the plastic 1/4" strip. I would really get both of them in a heart beat if they weren't so doggone expensive. I don't know if JoAnn carries them, but even at that $16.00 at 1/2 price is still quite a bit for a 14" piece of plastic (over $80.00 for the two of them). I am not cheap, but I am frugal and if I can find another way to do this like sandpaper or something like that I would be more apt to buy a piece of plastic at Menard's and use that! Besides, I make quilts for gifts and donations and I would think the designer and/or manufacturer would be a little more understanding that quilting is expensive enough without having to make a 400% profit on something. (My sister was a designer and was always told, "figure out what it costs to make it and add 400% percent. Sorry, but as much as I would like one, no, I won't spend that kind of money. Edie