Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
binding, binding,binding >

binding, binding,binding

binding, binding,binding

Old 06-22-2011, 05:45 AM

I have to apologize. I enjoy binding. It is the step of accomplishment. I am almost finished with this project! I've never felt it has to be perfect. I machine stitch it to the front and hand stitch the back, using a ladder stitch. I have never seen anyone admire a quilt and say, "Look what a lousy job they did on the binding".
Old 06-22-2011, 05:55 AM
elm

I have difficulty with the corners. Hang in there.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:58 AM

I wish you were closer, I'd help you! I've got 9 different ways to do bindings, each one creating a different effect. The corners are SO simple to do, hang in and keep practicing
Old 06-22-2011, 06:05 AM

The big problem that I have had with binding is sewing the two ends together. I found this tip that really simplified it for me:
http://ankastreasures.wordpress.com/.../binding-tips/
Old 06-22-2011, 06:44 AM

If you have problems with binding, I would suggest you get hold of the Ricky Tims video 'Grand Finale'. Buying that video has been one of the best things I have ever done with my money! His method of binding is foolproof and involves no hand stitching! It works for me every time and is far better than any other method I have seen - even on this board!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:44 AM

Not sure how why this is here!
Old 06-22-2011, 07:39 AM

I feel your pain. I used to hate bindings until I purchased the Binding Tool - less than $10. There is an excellent video on YouTube by the Missouri Star Quilt Company called "The Binding Tool" and she gives a wonderful tutorial. Now I don't mind bindings at all, but do review the video each time before I do a binding.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:59 AM

I struggle with binding too. I love to piece, but hate to do the finishing steps! I'll be bookmarking this page and using everyone's tips.
Thanks!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Originally Posted by hlponyfarm
Originally Posted by SparkMonkey
I have nothing to offer in terms of the binding (I actually like that part), but I want to tell you that the pony in your avatar is stunning. I lean in close to my monitor for a better look every time I see one of your posts! :)
Thank you so much, i used to raise train and show Welsh ponies and show in pleasure driving and Combined driving events. (still dabble as its in my blood, and people wont let me totally retire) I have sold out due to age and economy and Champ is my last pony. he is 1/2 Welsh Cob and 1/2 arab. 14.2 hands and a lovely disposition. The pic was taken at his first outing at a fun competition with our driving club. Glad you enjoy his pic. JoAnn
Sorry to get your binding thread off topic, but wanted to tell you that Champ is one well built, beautiful boy! He just looks like he would be a pleasure to work with. So, how did he do in the competition?
He is a really nice pony to work with. He won the pony division. the following week I took him to a Horse driving trial. which includes driven dressage, cones, marathon. he won the championship in the training pony division. Here is a pic from that competiton. I guess we could take this private as not to bore others that are expecting binding topics. the last pic is during the marathon phase of the competition. enjoy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-215261.jpe   attachment-215262.jpe   attachment-215263.jpe  
Old 06-22-2011, 09:13 AM

Went to JoAnns Fabrics today. bought some binding, some 1/4" fusible. Can you believe all that cost me $182.00!!!Well actually I had to buy other stuff as well. I have a love hate relationship with JoAnns. She steals all my money with out me being able to fight back! I did save 92.oo according to my reciept with coupons, sales, and my 10% discount card i got through the Quilters club. ;) Now I am ready to pursue binding once again. will continue to practice on my little mug rugs. JoAnn