Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue and white stars, block exchange sign up

Quote Originally Posted by gcathie
    melissa you have both of my blocks....:-)....I have that unnamed block too....Blue Chicken.....does a mighty fine block!....glad the mystery is solved.......:-)......Thanks everyone!!....:-)

Yes I do!!! And they are gorgeous Cathie!!!!!! :D

I have my blocks spread out on the livingroom floor, just petting them and gazing at them :D They might stay there for a while just so I can keep admiring them!!!

Littlehud and Roben, I spotted my blocks in with your batch! This is really neat to see my blocks in their new homes! :-)

Melissa glad you like and I think there sure is some good looking blocks we have.....I'm gazing at mine too....waiting on them to talk....:-).....got something in mind but need to shop....oh darn ......:-).....oh what fun!.....

I have a couple of ideas, but will have to play around and then decide which way to go!! :D

Oh how exciting......:-)

Received mine yesterday too! They are just beautiful.... And you know, I was dreaming about them last night... hmmmm set on point with yellows is floating around my head.... what fun! Thank you everyone for a fantastic job!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LoriJ
    hmmmm set on point with yellows is floating around my head.... what fun!
    mmmmm sounds pretty :)

This was such a fantastic exchange to do. think we should do another, what about it girls??

I am thinking about the centre of mine, doing something in the middle with the stars around it, however knowing me it will probably be changed again.

Elle

I love the idea of doing another exchange! Just let me know when and what and I can see if it is in my realm of capabilities!
    I am still waiting for these stars though! And getting anxious! I have the backing material already now I need the stars so I can see how I want to sash, if I want to sash.... so many things to think about!
    Kendra

If its any consellation I havenīt go mine either, so donīt fret just yet

Elle

So what do you all want for the next exchange, I donīt mind orlganising something for you so we can do International again.

Elle

I was just thinking that I was kind of sad this one was almost done. It has been so much fun from the very beginning, seeing what everyone was going to do, hearing everyones thoughts on it, then the anticipation of getting the blocks!!!
    I am game for another round!!!! :D I dont have any ideas for what block to do yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    This was such a fantastic exchange to do. think we should do another, what about it girls??

I am thinking about the centre of mine, doing something in the middle with the stars around it, however knowing me it will probably be changed again.

Elle
    YES!!!!!!! I had so much fun with this one. Already have some yellow fabric to finish it. Just need to decide how. I'm up for another one. Sounds great.

I have been having a think about this and have come up with something along the same idea both time wise and also number of blocks.

Do any of you fancy doing 12 flower blocks. These could be done either paper pieced, fussy cut or applique. Thinking perhaps Batiks or in the case of the fussy cut flowers an Asian type fabric.

OR a very SIMPLE Baltimore design

If not those then I am up for your ideas. If no one else wants to be the Organiser I am very happy to do this. However you will have to bear in mind that all you American ladies would have to post to Spain, but we have a good postal system where I live with no problems.

All those in favour say YA. If you agree then I will start a new thread.
    Iīm excited already.

Elle

I like the idea of the flower block. I think maybe let it be your own choice of method. pieced, paper pieced or applique, as long as it is flowers.

I am good with you handling this Elle!!!!! I would be willing to do anything I can to HELP, I know with all the stuff I always have going on, I wouldnt want to commit to organizing and then have something pop up and not be able to carry through.

Anyone else have any ideas??????

I'd definately be up for another round, assuming another suitably long time scale for completion. I too like the idea of a flower block, but would be open to suggestions

This round was a lot of fun! :-D

Still waiting to receive my blocks though :-(

Quote Originally Posted by SazuBMidlands
    I'd definately be up for another round, assuming another suitably long time scale for completion. I too like the idea of a flower block, but would be open to suggestions

This round was a lot of fun! :-D

Still waiting to receive my blocks though :-(
    Me too, they seem to be taking a time. Glad you are up for another though-

thanks Melissa, we might be able to work something out there.

Elle

Flowers sound good to me too!
    I do agree that I really like the time frame of this exchange though! It gave enough time to think and plan and complete.
    I would love to participate again!
    That would be a ya!!! from me!
    :D

Yep, I'd be up to for also as long as it had a long time frame like the last one. I've got lots on my plate right now... I don't mind posting internationally.

Quote Originally Posted by KGoodhand
    Flowers sound good to me too!
    I do agree that I really like the time frame of this exchange though! It gave enough time to think and plan and complete.
    I would love to participate again!
    That would be a ya!!! from me!
    :D
    Great :D :D There will be a long time frame as that was part of the thing I liked about the Blue Stars, I canīt do rush. :D

Have asked PatriceJ, if its okay to go ahead with this idea as I didnīt know the protocol of doing this.

Meanwhile I am getting a few things together to help everyone with ideas.

elle

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    Didn't get mine today either :(

Nothing in my mailbox but a hydro bill :evil: :roll:

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    i think it would be fun - I like the flower idea as I have a few applique blocks I would like to try. So do we make 12 identical blocks using the same technique?

Looking forward to hearing more!

Senior Member Dorothy of Kansas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for telling me. I would love to do another exchange. Just keep me posted on 'what' it is we'll be doing. The longer time frame worked for me too...no rushing involved.

OOOOO I have been so impressed with theses blocks.. and EVERYONES work.. I AM IN Definately ..... flowers ... love the idea.

I'll try the flower blocks. My suggestion is to have them smaller than 12". That seems pretty big to me, but I just like smaller pieces. I sure like the star blocks that I see. Good job for those who stuck with it!

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 ... LastLast