Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue and white stars, block exchange sign up

Okay ladies, so glad you are up for this one.

Here is what is proposed I will wait until everyone has received their Blue Stars before starting this one off. So hold fire until I open the new Thread, Keep your eyes peeled, shouldn´t be long.

There will be no rushing to finish the 12 new flower blocks and I will give a good time span for everyone to complete their blocks.

Will go into the nitty gritty later. Really would like this to be International so all you European, NZ, Australian, USA, Canadian and all over the world are all requested to think about this one.

Hope you are all cool with that.

Cheers

Senior Member Dorothy of Kansas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What would you think of us doing our State flower or for the internationals, a flower from your area? Just a thought.

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy of Kansas
    What would you think of us doing our State flower or for the internationals, a flower from your area? Just a thought.

OOh, I definately like that idea!

Awesome idea! The state flower sounds good except I don't know about doing 12 blocks of Rhodedendrons[sp]. Always up for a challenge though. I hate for this to end too, it was so much fun!

The state flower sounded fine to me. Mine is the wild rose. But what about our friends who do not live in the states. Will it work for them. Just a thought.

ohhhh ours are violets. That would be pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    I havent gone back throught all the posts yet, but trying to do a mental process of elimination, I wonder if that could be Quilting Aggie's block? I dont remember her showing us her block before hand so maybe........
    If you look at Roben's photo of all her blocks, my block is the second last to the right on the bottom row.

I think I will pass on this next exchange. I just got the keys to my house today and will be spending alot of time with some renos and then moving and also a trip next month. I will sit on the the back burner for now and watch everyone else do this exchange. I can't wait to see photos!

I still haven't received my blue/white blocks yet either, but then I'm here in Canada, so it may take a little longer.

Cheers

State flower is terrific idea, did think of that, just don´t know what Andalucia´s is but I am sure I could find out.

Anyone who didn´t have a state flower could do something else or in the case of a real difficult one, what they wanted to do.

Elle

Just found out that Spain has a National Flower so I could do that. It is a Carnation. Ofcourse i am a Scot so could do a Thistle :?

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    I love the thistle...

Our provincial flower is called blue flag, it's a purple iris, but our flower used to be the fleur de lys.
    I really like the iris!

All this is sounding very doo able. Going to give you all 6 months to do your 12 blocks so two a month could be okay for most of us. Whatcha think

Elle

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking about this Elle.....wondering about colors/sizes.....our state flower is the Iris...(how lucky am I???). I really need to figure out how many pies I have going right now...I do tend to overcommit..but I'd really like to do this with ya'll... :lol:

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    Minnesota's state flower is the pink and white lady slipper....could be difficult to do!! I could also do the Alabama state flower (camellia) since I am originally from there, but that would be really hard too! Maybe I'll do a dogwood blossom or magnolia which are two of my favs....This is going to be fun!

MN state flower - pink and white lady slipper
    Name:  Attachment-29590.jpe
Views: 13
Size:  26.4 KB

Blog Entries
    This website will tell you what your state flower is, in case you don't know, plus some history/information about your state.

http://www.netstate.com/states/tables/st_flowers.htm

Wow another exchange? That would be awesome. I don't know if I'll be able to do a flower...it's slightly out of my realm of ability...I'll have to mull it over...I'll watch for the new thread! I can't wait for everyone to get their blocks and start posting what they've done with them!

This was definitely really fun! :-)

Izy
    Last year our guild made a beautiful flower quilt, which even the beginners took part in, we can all help each other, I think I am going to take part in this one :D Here's a link to the quilt for inspiration :D

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/11094.page

There are some good close ups on pg 2 :D

Blog Entries
    Izy, what size were those blocks? I like the size of those!!

Mamma that flower is absolutely awesome, but would take some work I think.

Elle

I am a newbie and have never done something like this. BUT I think I would like to try. However, you may end up with some really ugly blocks : ) I am also think the flower might be to hard for me to do as a beginner. Especially since my state flower is the Rhododendron!! Maybe I will choose the tulip instead since it is a very popular flower around here, we even have a tulip festival near where I grew up in Washington. The tulip may be easier. Any thoughts whether I should do this or not???
    Attached Images Attached Images

Or I could do skunk cabbage! That is pretty common around here....wouldn't that just make a lovely quilt....HAHAHAHAA :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by leona07
    I am a newbie and have never done something like this. BUT I think I would like to try. However, you may end up with some really ugly blocks : ) I am also think the flower might be to hard for me to do as a beginner. Especially since my state flower is the Rhododendron!! Maybe I will choose the tulip instead since it is a very popular flower around here, we even have a tulip festival near where I grew up in Washington. The tulip may be easier. Any thoughts whether I should do this or not???
    gorgeous Photo. Yes some of the State flowers are difficult that is why I am going to say that you can do any state or any country if your flower is too difficult. Or you could buy some really pretty flower fabric and cut out the flowers and machine or hand sew them on. We would love to have you join in the fun because thats what it is.

Elle

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by leona07
    Ok, here's a drawing, NOW you can imagine yourself doing it Leona :D
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thas really nice, like that one Izy.

I have been googling some sites to help everyone as well.

Elle

Izy
    Heres a link to colouring pages that have a few :D

If you google i.e. Florida (or whatever your state is) state flower coloring page...you will find lots of choices.....no excuses now girls :lol:

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 ... LastLast