Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Boy are there some strange people out there! >

Boy are there some strange people out there!

Boy are there some strange people out there!

Old 01-07-2011, 03:50 PM

many times I buy material just because I like it, your nicer than me I would have told her when I want your opinion I will ask you for it. she was just plain rude in my books
Old 01-07-2011, 04:20 PM

She sounds like a strange one all right. Believe me, I think I'm fly paper for freaks. They always find me. I usually make off hand conversation with them, just to get a handle on 'where they're at' so to speak. Sometimes I get a kick out of listening to some of them. If they're really freaky I get away as quickly as possible.

Most of the fabric I buy is usually something that catches my eye that I like. I can always buy coordinating fabric later. I don't always buy with a plan in mind at the time.
I have an aunt that sews alot and she only buys what she needs for a particular project, thus she doesn't maintain a stash. Then again, she doesn't live as far away from the fabric store as I do. Hubby rarely likes to go with me when fabric shopping. I buy mostly online and then go shopping for coordinating pieces.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:22 PM

When anybody asks me something like that, I just tell them it's for a 'Wait n See' Quilt. They either walk off thinking they know what I'm talking about or enquire further, to which I respond that it is too difficult to explain as it is still in the design stage.
Well it is the truth, even if the design is not a twinkle in my brain thought yet, but one day it will be. It is amazing the number of people who just smile and walk off.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:41 PM

sounds like the lady was a little off her rocker, for medical or chemical reasons. It takes all kinds of people to make this world go around and thank god we aren't all alike. personally i enjoy all the differences.

let us not forget sometimes, that rude, is just plain rude. tho.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Power Poster

I work at a fabric store. I usually do ask people what they are making with the fabric. Not too be nosy, just so I am not cutting in silence. I am a chatty person, lol, never could shut up!
Old 01-07-2011, 04:51 PM

i figure everybody has their own oddities. i'm sure i rub some people the wrong way and don't even know it. if i don't know the person whose bugging me i just try to take it lightheartedly and figure i have a story to tell later.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:53 PM

Maybe there is something wrong with me, but this would not annoy me. She might have been lonely and just wanted to talk.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:10 PM

I would have been weirded out also, but that being said I agree with the possible Alzheimers and/or lonely person. Sometimes people are so lonely they try to start up conversations and are not really "trained" in how to do this. I have had that happen to me quite a bit. I tend to draw "wierd" people. Maybe becasu I am a geriatric mental health nurse. I usually talk with them if they are not too weird.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dingle
I have a boat load of fabric I have no idea what I'm going to do with it yet. (Like so many of you :thumbup: ) If I see something that catches my eye, I buy it. Isn't that what they call a stash? :D
Precisley!
Old 01-07-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Farm Quilter
I guess you could have told her you were getting it to wrap your husband's mummified body...so you could keep him on display and he'd be pretty!
I got one. How about, "the voices told me to buy these." That old gal was rude to you. I have fabrics that I got several years ago, and I actually used some of them lately cause the color/tone was just right for a project.