Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Boy are there some strange people out there! >

Boy are there some strange people out there!

Boy are there some strange people out there!

Old 01-06-2011, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by kathidahl
It is only my opinion, but I think a person is wound way too tight and uncomfortable in their own skin when what a person they do not know comments positively/negatively on a perceived action causes them 1. anxiety 2. to lash out 3. to even think about it after the fact. You know yourself, you do not know the stresses, relationships or physical/mental condition of a passing person..cut them some slack..someday it could be you or someone you love or care for...just saying....
Food for thought. Thank you.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:32 AM

Sometimes you run into nice people in the fabric department, once in a while a complete nut. Maybe her keeper let her escape.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:05 AM

Most of the time I just let things roll off, consider the source etc., but sometimes if someone just continues to be rude, I think they need to be made aware of it. IMHO
Old 01-06-2011, 08:23 AM

A few years ago I was buying the last of several bolts of fabric 4 to 6 yards on each at Joannes had them in my cart. This cooky lady started to take them out of my cart and put them in her cart. I was standing right there and I asked her what she was doing I am buying this fabric. She started to make a big stink and claimed that she was in the store first so she should get to buy the fabric before me. Well the lady's who cut the fabric had to call the manager who had to call the police as she was threating to get me when I left the store. I finely ask her if she needed some of the fabric and yes she needed one yard of each so gave her some of the fabric. They took the lady to the hospital as she had some sort of brake down.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:18 AM

Just laugh it off and thank the powers that be you are not like that. If it weren't for others, how would I know how perfect I am? (laughing as I say this, knowing what I *really* am). Anyway, I bought a pin years ago that reads:

I have a weakness
I must confess it
I buy fabric
just to possess it.

Also, I tell people that if nothing else, I will take it out to pet it. I also might have been responsive to her and not rude. After all, that may simply be her style and heaven knows, I do have my own style!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:20 AM

I WISH I was "one of those" who only buy what they need for a project lol. I think NO I know I am a fabriholic.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by sahm4605
So Sorry to all those I come across and say something to. I don't mean to offend or creep you out. I just need adult conversation once in a while. Talking to kids can get tiring some days.
Oh, it wasn't that she talked to me, it was what she was saying - and that she seemed to be lying in wait for me to pass her so she could say something else.

The other day at JoAnn's a lady asked me where I had found a certain fabric in my cart that was already cut - she said she loved it. I went to the cutting counter and got it for her.

I too, love meeting new people and talking to people, but this was a strange meeting for sure.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:13 PM

this didn't happen in a store but it upset me anyway. I joined a quilting group to learn how to quilt I was very excited about it. The second night I was there everyone was talking and it seemed whenever I said something it was like I was invisible. They were all talking about there Chrismas dinner and that thay were going to Swish Chalet but not one person asked me if I would be going or which resaurant they were going to. Then I was so excited about buying lots of fabric from connecting threads sale and one lady was very upset that I was buying fabric from the U.S.A. I told her that I could not afford to buy my fabric in Canada as most of it is about 17 dollars a metre. Then as I was sewing she said my sewing machine sounded funny and had I ever had it serviced (it is a brother that I bought at wal-mart for about 90 dollars) by the way she had just bought a longarm and she was waiting for it to come across the border (go Figure) she also said she used to sell pfaff machines so I guess my cheap brother machine wasn't up to her standards so needless to say I have not returned to the group. I was so looking forward to joining this group I don't know if I should go back or not.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:18 PM

She would have a stroke for real if she saw me in a fabric store. I have bought bolts of fabric just because it was on sale and I like the looks of it. results---I would match my stack of fabric to any one on this planet. But the crazy thing is I do use it. I am one of those who works on maybe 4 or 5 tops at once.
I also sew for my two little grand daughter so I buy when I see a sale and the money. I am a fabric whack job for real and I don't care what folks think. I am retired, alone and I sew when I want. :roll: LOL Peace to all and have fun today I am not too sure about tomorrow.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:20 PM

Wacko, weirdo, or nut job, they're all over the place!