Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bribing Husband >

Bribing Husband

Bribing Husband

Old 03-31-2011, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
I just asked my DH (who would happily help me in my sewing room) for thoughts on this. His suggestion is go out to your garage, get a hammer, get a saw bring in a few pieces of wood and ask him where the nails are. He should be glad to help per my DH.
---------------------------------------
This used to work with my first husband. I had a fence gate that was hanging low, wouldn't close and lock. After nagging didn't do it, I took a piece of an old Army blanket and nailed it over the fence gate..didn't do a thing for fixing it but looked trashy as heck. Right after dinner he took it down and fixed it neatly.
During that time i was making him his favorite Boston Cream Pie..(bought that day and hidden till then!!!) Well, okay, I was cutting him a big piece of it!
Old 03-31-2011, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Great-great granny
Originally Posted by cdobbert40
Sexual Bribes usually work for me.
Welllll.....I'm 77 now, but that USED TO WORK when I had a hubby --- MANNNNNY YEARS AGO (& you you maybe BOTH get something out of it ) :lol:
I'm 81 and make a really meaaaaaan Pineapple upside down cake! But that is as far as that goes!
and
I am on the gulf coast of Tx....got any more ideas? LOL!
Old 04-01-2011, 02:12 AM

I just asked my DH (who would happily help me in my sewing room) for thoughts on this. His suggestion is go out to your garage, get a hammer, get a saw bring in a few pieces of wood and ask him where the nails are. He should be glad to help per my DH.
I am loving this one!!! Storing this away for future use!!
Old 04-01-2011, 02:12 AM

I am loving this one!!! Storing this away for future use!!
Old 04-01-2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
Tell him you found 4 young hunks that are coming to help you and you need his credit card to pay them.
Priceless. I will have to remember this one for the future when I need something done.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:15 PM

OMG!! I don't have a husband any more. Sure could have used all this advice in those days. I am REALLY ROTFLMBO or whatever it is you say nowadays....
Old 04-02-2011, 01:49 PM

I have a dear friend (who is also on this forum) who over the past 40 years has learned that it is best for her if she asks her husband once. If he doesn't do it, then she does it herself or hires it done. No bribing involved and no nagging on her part either. He has learned over the years to do the things she asks, because he wants to make her happy. They are an extremely happy couple who love each other more now than when they first married.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by RobertaMarie
I usually ask, "what can I do for you that would compensate for your helping me do what I need to have done".. My dear one says, "if you know where you want things, just tell me, but I don't want to stand around while you make up your mind." He said "life is helping when it is needed, no bargaining required". Is he wise, or what?
This is so sweet. If he doesn't have anything in mind you could help him come up with a thing or 2 he'd like. My DH likes to see me happy and vice versa. We like to do things for each other. Just this morning I told him I was going to do some organizing in the sewing room and he asked if I wanted help! I told him only if he felt like it. So he moved some things around for me.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:11 AM

My husband is a painting/decorating contractor and I was begging to get one of the kids bedrooms converted (they have moved out). Waited and waited and waited. Well, when he went fishing for a week my daughter and I conspired to re-do the room. We gutted it, repainted it, built cabinets and shelves, etc. Was he surprised when he got home. The quality maybe wasn't up to his standards, but he didn't dare say anything. It has gotten him going on other "honey do" list - I think he's afraid I will start them. It's one thing to have my room not perfect - heaven forbid that the main part of the house not be. I guess it's like the old story - the shoemaker's kids go barefoot. My house is the last one to get the attention it needs.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:14 AM

Good one!