Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
brother sewing machines >

brother sewing machines

brother sewing machines

Old 01-20-2013, 04:08 AM

I have the Mickey Mouse embroidery machine that I bought at Walmart 7 years ago. It is small, light and has lots of features. I have used it in our RV when we travel. I love it. I have 3 Viking machines at home....love them best! The diamond is too big to travel with..besides I think the bouncing around might not be good for it. I am in the south now and brought my Viking 770 (I think that is the #) It just seems wrong to not be using the brother. I never use this machine...so I thought I should rotate it into service.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:18 AM

I use this brother and I really love it. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brother-10...Q9050/17039056 Just a cheapy but it does all I want it to and more.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:04 AM

I have had three Brothers machines and I love them. One burnt in a fire and I immediately replaced it with another Brothers. A pacesetter 8500. That was back in 2000. I just sold it to my sister-in-law. Runs like a charm. I basically use my Brothers Quattro. I just love love love my machine. I've been using this one about a year and a half. I sew every day and I've not had any problems with it. Would buy another Brothers any time.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:17 AM
Swap Hosts

I love Brother machines. I bought one at Walmart for my future DIL for about $150 and liked it so much that I got one for myself. I also love the Brother PE-770 which is an embroidery machine. Great machines that run forever.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:48 AM

I have 3 Brothers and love them all. The only problem I've ever had is me. (not knowing when to slow down.) hehehe
Old 01-20-2013, 05:49 AM

I have the Brother QC1000 which I don't think they make anymore. I also have a Brother serger I got at the same time (combo deal) I love my Brother machine but I do wish I had realized it was on its way out. Anyway, the serger, I had it sitting on a TV table and hit the table with my hip while reaching for something on the floor. The serger landed on it head. The only thing that broke was the telescoping piece the thread goes though. Cost $25 to fix it but I was happy. Thing works like a charm....
Old 01-20-2013, 06:09 AM

I have a Brother sewing machine and serger that i purchased from a Brother rep...she was great to deal with....and I love both machines.....I don't know if I would buy any other than a Brother just because of the great service and quality of both machines...
Old 01-20-2013, 06:38 AM

have 2 brothers, both embroidery machines and love them...no problems
Old 01-20-2013, 06:51 AM

Default suziequilter

Originally Posted by lynmccoy View Post
Does Brother still make good sewing machines? I bought mine 15 years ago for $150 at WalMart. It still works great and the only thing I've done is replace the light bulb when it went out, other than regular maintenance. I have used mine 3-4 days a week and the only reason I'm looking for another one is to get a larger updated one with more quilting features. I'm just wondering if the quality is still there in their products. Before that I had a Kenmore that I bought at Sears for $100. So I've learned not to judge a sewing machine by the price tag.I don't quilt on my machine, I machine sew the quilt top and then hand-quilt.
Brother definetly is still a great machine. I quilted for six years daily on a $200 Costco bought brother, then up dated to a very expensive top of the line brother. Love it!!!! I have a friend that does professional sewing and quilting on the same $200 machine I started with. She has other machines but the brother is her favorite.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:01 AM

I've had several Brothers over the years and I've like them all. The only reason I bought new ones was to get more stuff on them. I now sew on a Babylock (made by Brother or vice versa). They have all been great machines for what they did. I've given them all away to various nieces and my dil but am thinking of buying a cheap one from Walmart to take to classes as my Babylock is kind of heavy.