Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all Board members...

Welcome Tonsau! :D When I got back I really enjoyed the BOMs, (Block of the Month) on the board. You can choose which ones and it is just one square. Before you know it you have enough to make a throw or wall hanging.

Hey, hit up that brother of yours for some of his stash.... ;)

Most of us have gone thru' that slump to Tonsau7 - I know I just did too, right in the midst of our giant signature block swap! Yikes!! (I did have to force myself to get 'em done....)
    Sometimes it helps to do something else creative - ANYthing else - and that will help jump start you. I took classes on Artist's Trading Cards & Art Journaling. They were a lot of fun & helped get me going again.
    How about doing a small fusible project for a gift? Maybe a simple little wallhanging or even a tote bag?
    Good luck!

Welcome! I've been in kind of a slump all summer, too, but did have to do a block for an exchange. It was an easy one and lots of fun--hopefully I'll get back on track now too. This board does really help. So many talented people!

Welcome, so many projects so little time, go for it, you can do it...pictures to please

Quote Originally Posted by Pats8e8
    Hi tonsau7, welcome to our group, we will support you when you start sewing again. Start with something small, like those Farmer's Wife blocks. They are fun to do and you can see the pictures of what they look like. Do a couple of those, they don't take much fabric at all. How's Doug doing?
    Hey Pat:
    I'm doing well. Just sewed my first block last night since my surgery. It took a while, but I got it done. I really tried not to overdue it, but I was also up at 3 this morning taking pain meds. Still following doctors orders and doing my exercises. All is going well, just toooooo slooooow for me. I'm ready to be better. Thanks for asking.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quilterguy27
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats8e8
    Hi tonsau7, welcome to our group, we will support you when you start sewing again. Start with something small, like those Farmer's Wife blocks. They are fun to do and you can see the pictures of what they look like. Do a couple of those, they don't take much fabric at all. How's Doug doing?
    Hey Pat:
    I'm doing well. Just sewed my first block last night since my surgery. It took a while, but I got it done. I really tried not to overdue it, but I was also up at 3 this morning taking pain meds. Still following doctors orders and doing my exercises. All is going well, just toooooo slooooow for me. I'm ready to be better. Thanks for asking.
    That's great news!! I'm checking up on you b/c I'm a nurse, remember?? hee hee
    So glad you called and got the okay from the doc to do some sewing. Best medicine available!! :D

Blog Entries
    That a girl get some fabric and sew, don't let your brother out do you :lol: Welcome to the board you will love it here. Glenn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tonsau7
    I am actually looking for some inexpensive fabric to purchase. Thanks for your encouragement!
    From one "7" to another, welcome to the board! How nice of your brother to reach out to us to show you all these new wonderful friends you have! :)

There is a Classified section here where you should be able to pick up all kinds of things for not a lot of money.

Good luck and happy sewing! I'm another on-again/off-again quilter that just joined. This is a GREAT group.

Just started back in on my UFO's and that got my creative juices flowing. Tried a couple of things new, and now I'm in the midst of a king-size quilt....All I wanted to do was make the pattern a "little" bigger - right!

Welcome and enjoy!

I am actually looking for some inexpensive fabric to purchase. Thanks for your encouragement!
    I just got back from Joann's and found quilt fabric for $1.99 a yard! I know that it may not be the best fabric in the world but it is definitely in my price range. Go the a fabric store when you have some time to really look around and get some inspiration. The results will be worth it. YOU are worth it.

Welcome to the group!!!! I am sure you are better than you know. Just try something small to start with.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilt addict
    Welcome Tonsau! :D When I got back I really enjoyed the BOMs, (Block of the Month) on the board. You can choose which ones and it is just one square. Before you know it you have enough to make a throw or wall hanging.

Hey, hit up that brother of yours for some of his stash.... ;)
    I was thinking the same thing q addict!

Thanks for all the encouragement. I need all I can get.
    Welcome! This is a great, inspirational group of quilters. Just looking at the pictures of everyones projects will make you want to sew something. Try a Disappearing 4 Patch, they are so much fun!

Welcome!! :)

Welcome to the board...great group of people here :)

A big WELCOME for you!

good for you - spend some more me time sewing or doing something just for you and just because you can

Welcome and you can do it.
    Stars are the limit.
    But here any and all will inspire and encourage.

Inspiration is , as I understand it, is 9 paarts perspiration and 1 part inspiration. !Now you know what all that swesting was about this summer ...lol..global warming I think not, just flusterfrated quilteres trying to get back in the grove. I hope that you perk up soon ands reallyt "get back" into quilting. B est...Sara

When I get in a slump, I start looking at my material stash and think of differant things I always wanted to do but never got around to doing it!! You'll be suprised at what kind of ideas come into your head!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tmsrich
    good for you - spend some more me time sewing or doing something just for you and just because you can
    go for it girl you wont regret it. I only started about 2 months ago and i am addicted already. Everyone here is so great and encouraging.

Welcome to the board! You'll find lots of encouragement and inspiration here!

Welcome tonsau7....hope u enjoy your self here!

Hi!!! welcome from France too!!!You'll be happy to have joined us, I'm sure!! I'm pretty new here and I enjoy everything on the board!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilterguy27
    My sister just joined the group. Hurray for that. She's kinda been in a sewing slump for a while now and needs some motivation. I know I can count on all of you to help me get her going again. Just a nudge and some gentle persuasion. Come on Tonsau7, YOU CAN DO IT!!! Just 10 minutes at a time is all it takes to get you going again. Remember, YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    Welcome Tonsau7, here is a nudge and some gentle persuasion, You Can Do It!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast