Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all Board members...

go to a fabric shop. There is nothing like the smell of fabric in the morning,,,,,, It will get your mind to churning.

Welcome!!! You'll be hooked in no time.

Just make yourself sew for a little while. When I am in a slump I set my timer and tell myself I only have to sew for X amount of time. When the timer goes off I want to keep sewing. I guess it is a mental thing I know I'm only going to have to sew for a short time. And sometime when the timer goes off I quit for this time.

Welcome to the group Tonsau7 --Good luck with new projects.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Tonsau7 You will be sewing in no time, there is so much going on here. Take each day and sew something check out some of the quilts the members have made that will push you a long.

Of course you can do it! And hello & welcome from Michigan!

Blog Entries
    you know you want to! you know it will make you happy to create again! come on..we all get into slumps..!

Quote Originally Posted by quilterguy27
    My sister just joined the group. Hurray for that. She's kinda been in a sewing slump for a while now and needs some motivation. I know I can count on all of you to help me get her going again. Just a nudge and some gentle persuasion. Come on Tonsau7, YOU CAN DO IT!!! Just 10 minutes at a time is all it takes to get you going again. Remember, YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    A BIG warm welcome to "quilterguy's sister" from Nova Scotia (that's in Canada, lol)

Just keep reading this board.If you read it fairly regulary you can't help but get inspired. It worked for me :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Welcome from NC, yeah! you CAN do it! lets see a quilt or a small something!

Blog Entries
    Hello Tonsau7, welcome back to quilting, I know it hard to get started again, because I have just gotten back in myself, but I know how much I missed it so come on and lets make something together. I know that you can make something really pretty and thats easy to start back with. Hope you can get back in to quilt really soon. It helps if you have someone to quilt with. Take care and have a great day.

Blog Entries
    Welcome back to sewing. I know we all have to get motivated sometimes.

Taking a walk thru a fabric store will get you going...that's all it takes for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tonsau7
    I have actually done some repair sewing a few days ago and will be doing more this afternoon.
    Welcome! I guess no one can motivate me if I don't really want to do something, but you'll find so much inspiration here! It's amazing how all the sharing here gets me going!

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tonsau7
    I have actually done some repair sewing a few days ago and will be doing more this afternoon.
    Welcome Tonsau7 you will enjoy this board. So many good ideas. I'm pretty new and I love it.

I've been in those slumps myself at times...I think we all get them....maybe find a cute pattern for a table runner or something small you want to make...it makes for a quick feel of satisfaction....also PM me, and I'll send you some 'scraps' or goodies to get you going again! Happy sewing!!!

Junior Member QuiltingrandmafromMi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's a start, but be kind to yourself, do something more fun!
    Welcome aboard, and your lucky to have a brother who cares!

welcome tonsau7....just keep reading and looking at all the beautiful pictures and you will find you don't have enough time in a day to do all the things you want to do....I find myself back and forth all day long between this board and actual sewing/quilting.

community benefactor Conniequilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quilterguy27
    My sister just joined the group. Hurray for that. She's kinda been in a sewing slump for a while now and needs some motivation. I know I can count on all of you to help me get her going again. Just a nudge and some gentle persuasion. Come on Tonsau7, YOU CAN DO IT!!! Just 10 minutes at a time is all it takes to get you going again. Remember, YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    Welcome Tonsau7 - this board is great, as you can already tell. I find so many helpful hints and ideas for future quilts. I have to remind myself I am not that rich and CANNOT do everything I see :)

This is a nice place to be when you are struggling - absolutely the best people around!

You Go Girl! You will get in the groove as soon as you start sewing!

Banned
    Hi and welcome!

Dear Tansau 7..............I have found that the sewing /quilting adventure requires me to concentrate in such a way that Stress, Anxiety, Worry and a bunch of other "no nos" goes away for a time. Just take one step at a time and the best of "time" will be yours...

Doug say's he is doing good. Unfortunately he is in Ohio and I am in Arkansas. I wish I could be there with him to help him through this. Thanks for asking.

Thanks....he is a great brother, he is my ROCK!!

Thank you! 8-)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast