Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can I just scream in frustration because you will all understand? >

Can I just scream in frustration because you will all understand?

Can I just scream in frustration because you will all understand?

Old 09-12-2011, 01:02 AM

I feel your pain. My "newer" Singer started to play up part way through quilting a chemo comfort quilt this morning. So I kept telling it" I'll pack you up and get the 99k out or better yet the treadle. Must have heard me cos it started to behave. And yes I did get the quilt finished and off to it's new owner.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:20 AM

I can sympathize my Viking Diamond stopped dead in the water also. All I had to do is take it to my dealer and they did a repair.
Had her back in a week. Luckily I had a back up.
LC
Old 09-12-2011, 02:59 AM
Power Poster

I had a lemon once. I would sew for less than a week, the computer would malfunction. It would then take 3 months to get it back. This went on for four times. Then the shop owner was going to give me credit for it but at a lower rate because it was now an older model. I told her no, it was in their possession for all but a total of three weeks that it was actually in my home, not necessarily working, but actually in my home. So sadly I understand what you are going through
Old 09-12-2011, 03:14 AM

I totally agree with most others, get a vintage Singer and keep your Kenmore in good repair. My Kenmore is highly prized by me, it is not picky about what thread I use, it is easy to maintain and the worst feature is having to unplug it after using, not knowing when a storm will hit here and not having a surge suppressor on it. When it is stormy, I have Featherweights, a 15-90, two 66's and a 127 to choose from. Power or no power, stormy or nice, I can always sew.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:26 AM

I had a lemon of a machine years ago, and the pleasure I got when I left it on the curbside on trash pick-up day was incredible! No regrets there whatsoever!

Unfortunately mine was only a ~$250 model...... if I had spent $1200 I'd be hounding the company!
Old 09-12-2011, 03:26 AM

I feel your pain, I bought a PFAFF C1100 a new model in November 2010, I had the same error, that the bobbin was empty. I exchanged that machine for another one, same thing happened, the shop then let me exchange for another machine, I choose the Janome 6600 but not sure about it yet, I had a Pfaff 1473 and loved it.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:40 AM

One lucky thing is you have a local dealer for good brands.If push comes to shove & you have to go with another machine,a used good brand is one way to go.I'd check out a dealers reputation.Look up any machine you're interested in & read reviews.
My dealer is 60 miles away,but always good at answering questions on line or phone.I also keep a basic back up machine & so far....4 yrs...it's never been needed. Knock on wood :)
Old 09-12-2011, 03:54 AM

I can understand, but I have never experienced a problem with my machines. I have always bought Kenmores, and they run so well. My kenmore now, never fails me, it does give hubby some hiccups though. I consider that user error though.

I certainly hope you get your issues resolved.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:20 AM

keep on them..I purchased a singer confindence quilter and within the first year was off to repair 4 times and fixed in store 2x..finally I got offered full trade up value, which was better then nothing and got a husquevarna. no problems so far. thev singer was so so frustrating and to think I sold my slant o matic for a new pile of crap. keep right on them and make them do something for you.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
This is a simple suggestion but did you completely unplug the machine from power and replug? This usually will reset the computer inside that is getting the signal you have no bobbin installed.
I would try this too...computer tired or something...motherboard down for a nap...you probably already have but.....