Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can I just scream in frustration because you will all understand? >

Can I just scream in frustration because you will all understand?

Can I just scream in frustration because you will all understand?

Old 09-12-2011, 04:37 AM

I totally empathize!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:54 AM

I may have an answer for you. Years ago about 25 or so I bought a high end singer. It did nothing but give me trouble and have and will never buy another singer...anyway I tried everything just as you are doing and someone told me that Good Housekeeping had a warranty on Singers and they stand by that. I contacted Good Housekeeping and within the week my problem was solved. Magazines in today's world are not like yesteryear...but it is worth a shot...Good luck.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Crqltr
What happened to customer service....don't these companies get that there is so much more to choose from?? And that we all talk about their poor service??
And that the number of us that actually use their machines and love to sew is diminishing. Each one of us should be deemed "precious" because their market is disappearing. I'm dealing with a Viking lemon right now and will try one more day to get the machine to work before I take it back.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:58 AM

Totally understand your frustration. I bought a Singer XL5000 when I started quilting a few years ago, thinking I was getting a good machine (with a pricetag of $2500). Always bought Singer machines (had one for 25 years that died of neglect from not using). Within the first year, had to have the LCD screen replaced, wouldn't sew straight (needle drifted), feeddogs weren't in sink so fabric didn't feed correctly. Finally got it working good again and decided to keep it just for embroidery because that worked great. That's when I switched to Babylock.

After a few months of using it just for embroidery, that module started acting up ..... finally got rid of it and so glad I did.

I have a Babylock Esante now and love it !!

Good luck with your dilemma. I feel for ya !!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by gsbuffalo
keep on them..I purchased a singer confindence quilter and within the first year was off to repair 4 times and fixed in store 2x..finally I got offered full trade up value, which was better then nothing and got a husquevarna. no problems so far. thev singer was so so frustrating and to think I sold my slant o matic for a new pile of crap. keep right on them and make them do something for you.
I took my Singer xl5000 to several shops and they wouldn't even take it in trade...
Old 09-12-2011, 05:01 AM

I have this same machine L500 - bought it as a backup machine. No problems with it, but it no way compares to my Bernina!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:02 AM

Yes, we all understand your frustration, just scream it off and you'll feel better. Sorry to hear about your machine, especially since you paid so much for it. I hope you get it all worked out to your satisfaction. Singer used to be a good machine, but I heard they're not as good anymore, which is sad to hear.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:03 AM

I hope the Singer co
Old 09-12-2011, 05:04 AM

my machine didnt quit, but my printer just broke for the second time, bummer i was printing my grandsons senior pics., and now i cant print my paper piecing patterns. i am screaming also good luck. min ewas another WALLY WORLD REJECT..
Old 09-12-2011, 05:09 AM

I hope the Singer company has discovered their problem with the Quantum line because I bought a 9600 this year. I've had no problems so far. For the price it's a great machine. I've only had it about six months.