Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can I just scream in frustration because you will all understand? >

Can I just scream in frustration because you will all understand?

Can I just scream in frustration because you will all understand?

Old 09-12-2011, 08:13 AM

Just a suggestion ... have you unplugged it from that wall? Sometimes when something electronic gets a brain fart that will help.

Susan
Old 09-12-2011, 08:14 AM

I feel your frustration. The same thing happened to me about 30 years ago. I think I got one of the first computerized machines that Singer made. It was a new model and I had problems with it from the getgo. I spent half my sewing time taking it back and picking it up. I finally had to go to a different dealer to get any offer to help. He was very nice and said the machine needed to go back to the factory. They informed me that the computer board needed replaced and wasn't covered by the warranty. That cost me 90 bucks. It sewed for a very short time and quit again. The same dealer sent it back again and that time they said it needed a new bobbin case(not under warranty) and cost me 70 bucks again. It never did sew right. It skipped stitches all the time, nothing helped. I finally got tired of it sitting in the corner unused and went out and bought a new New Home Excell 23. I love it and it has been a great machine. I'll never buy another Singer. I don't think they are what they are supposed to be, the new ones anyway. I'm thinking about buying another machine so I can have one here in the house and one out in my little barn where I have my sewing room. I'll probably go with a Janome. I think that is the same thing as the New Home. If I wer you, I would demand that they replace the machine now and not wait. I wish that I had done that years ago. I really liked the Singer when it worked but it never worked right.

Good luck, I hope you come out with a new one.

sassy granny
Old 09-12-2011, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by ncredbird
After having continued bad experiences with the Singer machine my DH purchased for me as a wedding gift in 1969 I took it out in the field behind our home and took a shotgun to it.
You are a woman after my own heart. I had to deal with a tape recorder made by GE that drove me nuts, and after I exchanged it for the third time, I took it to the third floor of my house and flung it to the concrete below. Felt very very satisfying. Refused to ever buy any of their products again.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:34 AM

So very sorry to hear of your machine..I have a washing machine that this happened to about four times. I was so mad that I called the main company, and refused to talk to anyone but the president of the co. Well I don't know if this person was the ceo. but after explaining about lg newspaper circulations, and word of mouth, of my on going problems with their washing machine (I smile now) within two days they replace all the guts of the machine....the repairman said whatever I said or did had this big Co. jumping to make me happy. I never, never, will buy another one of this brand.
So I feel for you. Sometimes threatening helps.

Connie T.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:49 AM

A bit of screaming is good for you. I've been 'looking' at the new fangled sewing machines -you know the ones with all the bells and whistles-After hearing so many complaints about so many brands I think I'll just stick to my always go to- a Singer-no fancy name or model it just says Singer on it (manufactured in Jan/06.) Its got a couple doz. fancy stitches I could use with a twist of a dial. I've got a few million miles on her but She will sew any thing I throw at her The best $200. I ever spent.The only thing that could go wrong is a $40.motor I can replace myself.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:51 AM

I'm holding my breath.......I've only had to have my Bernina Artista 180 repaired once in 12 years. I do take my machines in to an excellent sewing machine repair shop periodically to get a cleaning, and maintenance, etc. My Elna 6003 Quilter's Dream and little Jenome 3160 have never given me any trouble. I keep my Elna and Bernina set up all the time.
I take my Jenome to groups, classes, etc., and leave it in my van all summer. I have a group that meets every week and leaving it in the van is easier than having to drag it out of my apartment building every week. Now that Sept. has arrived, I do bring it back to the apartment every time.
I love this little Jenome. I bought at an introduction price at a show two years ago, it came with all the feet including a walking foot. It is very light weight. I actually think it hold a 1/4 line better than any of my machines.
Good luck! I am horrified at the prices of the new machines!
Old 09-12-2011, 08:52 AM

I had a Singer about 20 years ago that was computerized and it suddenly decided it didnt want to sew. (dont remember model) so I took it back to dealer and after waiting what seemed like forever finally called him about it. I was told he looked all over country for the computer part and couldnt find it anywhere. I was so discussed I never even pick it up. Since then I have another Singer that sew like a dream -like it better than my Brother.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by SuzyQ
Just a suggestion ... have you unplugged it from that wall? Sometimes when something electronic gets a brain fart that will help.

Susan
Yes, this is a good idea!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:10 AM

Yes SCREAM-stomp your feet. Nobody deserve a lemon or bad customer service.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:15 AM

Oh, do I ever sympathize with you. I too bought the Quantum L-500. I bought it in July of last year, and spent the next 6 monhts screaming and cussing,words I never knew I knew. I broke 3 or 4 dozen needles, thinking it was me not understanding the new fangled electronics. Finally, much later I took it to my local sewing machine guy. And by the way they took away his Singer dealership because he wasn't selling as many as say Walmart could. So he is not an authorized Singer repair person. But I paid him to look it over, rather than shipping it or driving half a day to a repair shop. Turns out it came from the factory out of adjustment, hence the broken needles. The actually hook was misaligned. I love my machine,and all the functions and stitches--- now. But one day it wouldn't sew with out knotting and breaking thread. I disgustedly turn it off, unplugged and walked away. When I went back, several days later, it was fine. My good old backup machine still works!