Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can I just scream in frustration because you will all understand? >

Can I just scream in frustration because you will all understand?

Can I just scream in frustration because you will all understand?

Old 09-12-2011, 11:10 AM

I'm not certain of these facts, but I heard back some years ago the original Singer company sold to a japaneese company and right about that time the Quantums came out and there was a lot of trouble with it and a great deal of other Singers at that time. Have heard that the machines they are making now are really good. My daughter has a Quantum and hasn't had a lot of trouble but she has had to have it in the shop a couple of times. She would like to have a Viking or Bernina, but doesn't sew enough anymore to warrant the cost.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:16 AM

I totally understand your frustration. I got my Pfaff 5 years ago and after a year and a half the motherboard on it when belly up. Took it back to the dealer, they don't keep computer parts in stock, they had to send for the piece probably somewhere in China. FOUR months later, my machine is ready to come home. I had to pay for labor, just under $90. Growl, hiss, bad case of snarlies. I know how you feel.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:41 AM

you have my sympathy, hope they will step up and replace the lemon
Old 09-12-2011, 11:57 AM

So sorry that you are having issues and hope they get worked out soon. I think we all have newer machines and some of us are lucky enough to have 99's or other such older Singers. Frequently the question is posed on this forum asking what the big deal is about older machines. This is the big deal, they just work.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:15 PM

I feel your pain too. Nothing more frustrating than spending a ton of money on something that doesn't bring you pleasure. I got burned on a machine and am out $500. Try not to look back.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:33 PM

Where do you look to find the year your machine was made?
Old 09-12-2011, 01:41 PM

i bought a 3000 dollar singer once and it would never work so finally just got rid of it i wouldn't have a singer if it was given to me
Old 09-12-2011, 02:49 PM

You poor baby.... I guess there's something to be said for buying "gently used". Let someone else work out all the kinks. I just got me hands on a "used" machine and it works beautifully, except that it came without a manual (easy fix).
Good luck with Singer.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Anna.425
So sorry that you are having issues and hope they get worked out soon. I think we all have newer machines and some of us are lucky enough to have 99's or other such older Singers. Frequently the question is posed on this forum asking what the big deal is about older machines. This is the big deal, they just work.
Plus you can work on them by yourself and don't need a degree to do so. DH and I just fixed my new to me Singer 201. The foot peddle didn't work but it worked when I subbed in a different foot peddle. We took it apart, fixed what was wrong and now she runs beautifully and purrs like a kitten.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:34 PM

I love what ncredbird did with the shotgun. I can imagine if you didn't have so much invested you would be tempted. We all feel your pain! Hope you get the resolution you deserve.