Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can I see pics of your Christmas stockings? >

Can I see pics of your Christmas stockings?

Can I see pics of your Christmas stockings?

Old 12-07-2015, 08:04 AM

I made these stockings a number of years ago and don't have the pattern info anymore. They are made from some kind of plush fabrics. [ATTACH=CONFIG]537414[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails snowmen-stockings-collage-small-.jpg  
Old 12-07-2015, 08:40 AM

I don't have pics but if you are into cross stitch I used that for the cuff. Cross stitched the name and a design to go with the fabric. Used pre quilted fabric for the lining to give the stocking body
Old 12-07-2015, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by LilaKay View Post
Here are the ones I just finished for our son and his family. I got the pattern for the stockings on embilibrary.com and I got the designs from them also. I have 3 more to go for our granddaughter and her family. I cut the stocking out then placed the design on the front, quilted the lining and sewed them together. I embroidered the name on the cuff then sewed it to the stocking.[ATTACH=CONFIG]537381[/ATTACH]
Those are really cute! Will post pics of the two I am working on when they are done. They are the first things I
have sewn/quilted in many years. All that is left to do is embroider the names and attach the cuffs. I am scared to death to use the embroidery part of my machine but just have to bite the bullet so to speak and give it a try.
Louise
Old 12-07-2015, 07:15 PM

LilaKay, those are so pretty. It makes me wish I had an embroidery machine
Thimblebug, I love that you made yours into snowmen. Very clever & cute.

I will talk to her more about what she is wanting. Maybe she can even take a picture of what she saw so I will better know what she wants. Thanks goodness I told her they would have to be for NEXT Christmas.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:42 AM

I made our stockings by embossing velvet with a snowflake rubber stamp. It was surprisingly easy. Just place the place the velvet face down on a rubber stamp, (I used Stamping' Up! brand, but any should work) and press with medium-hot iron. The velvet I used was left from from First Christmas dresses I made for each of our girls. I trimmed them with the same lace as the dress.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:26 AM

I used white or ecru colored fabric for the front of the stocking and machine embroidered a Christmas scene on it. I used Christmas fabric for the back and top cuff and machine embroidered the names on the top cuffs. These came out really nice.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:30 AM

Default Christmas stockings in Texas

I made these many years ago, copying a friend's pattern for these Texas style Christmas stockings.
Attached Thumbnails 2014-fireplace-stockings.jpg  
Old 12-08-2015, 06:37 AM

LilaKay.... Your stockings are so cute... good job.... thanks for sharing... :-)
Old 12-08-2015, 06:41 AM

all the stockings are so cute......thanks for sharing.... :-)
Old 12-08-2015, 06:52 AM
pal

I always keep pre-quilted off white fabric on hand. It comes in handy for last minute projects like appliquéd wall hangings, banners and Christmas stockings that were needed yesterday. You can find shapes in children's coloring books and make appliqué pieces using two pieces of fabric, right sides facing each other, draw the shape, sew it up completely, and put a little slit in the back and pull it through. Eleanor Burns taught me that - but I use the same fabric instead of the interfacing - works better for me.
You can also buy the white fur, it's about 1 1/2" wide, in the trim dept. of Jo-Ann's. Done!

Hope this helps a little.....