Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can I see pics of your Christmas stockings? >

Can I see pics of your Christmas stockings?

Can I see pics of your Christmas stockings?

Old 12-08-2015, 08:02 AM

Default Christmas Stockings

These were appliques with wonder under and lined with contrasting fabric, really quite easy to make. I did not quilt them.
Attached Thumbnails nate-stocking-12.jpg   serena-stocking-10.jpg  
Old 12-08-2015, 08:31 AM
Power Poster

I don't have any pictures - all the Christmas stockings I've done have been given away. However, I just drew a stocking on freezer paper, you can make it any size; then I just sewed 2 1/2" squares together, added Warm & Natural batting with a muslin backing, then I just stitched in the ditch. I then put the stocking pattern over the squares and cut the stocking out. I had made a simple patchwork tree skirt for my DD, and when I asked if she wanted stockings to go with it, she said no, she had stockings. Imagine my surprise when, after showing it to her new hubby, he wanted stockings to match. Fortunately I had 2 left from the Fair I had attended, so I mailed them to her. I would watch the tutorial on MSQC, as Jenny has a nice pattern.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I would do a different quilt pattern for each stocking. Lots of ideas on Google:
https://www.google.com/search?q=chri...lting+patterns
I thought these were very cute:
http://camilleroskelley.typepad.com/simplify/page/14/
Thank you for the links, especially the google link. I will be making Christmas stockings for us next year. But, lots of inspiration to get started with.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:45 AM

There are embroidery shops out there where you take fabric before cutting for the cuff that don't charge much....depends on length of name , font and size of letters usually. They make it look more professionally done than my embroidery machine.😊
Old 12-08-2015, 09:23 AM

These are just four of the ones that I have done.[ATTACH=CONFIG]537524[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]537525[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]537526[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]537527[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mom-stocking.jpg   mitch-stocking.jpg   mary-stocking.jpg   4427_1097586803124_7652635_n.jpg