Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: cannot find my fabric.

Blog Entries
    Yes, still looking for 4 yds of Kona Premium Muslin I bought.

Power Poster
    Rule of the day, stop looking. It will come out as soon as you stop looking.

Absolutely. I have a couple of squares of stone fabric that I need for steps and I just know it's there somewhere. I just set the quilt top aside and when it shows up, I'll finish it. :roll:

I usually try and clear my mind while I'm laying in bed...and then it comes to me...so then I have to get out of bed just to double check to see if I was right!

check the dogs, the cats, the kids and the hubby in that order. haha

lol more often than I want to admit too

you are definitely not alone - I know I have a box of violets and ivy on cream background - just where it is at the moment is a mystery!!

Not just with fabric. somedays it is the story of my life.

Blog Entries
    ok long story. My dearest friend died & when she died I got to finish like 3 or 4 of her quilts. I had the quilt all done & had enough fabric to do the pillow cases, so I thought. There was one rust colored fabric that I needed to do the piping. I tore my room apart repeatedly. Went to all the quilt shops within a 50 mile radius at least 3 times each thinking I would find it. Each time, coming back home & looking thru the bag that all her fabric for that quilt was in hoping to run across it. So I decided it would be my main goal in Paducah to find this fabric. Easy, right? NOT. still could not match it up. When I came home from Paducah, opened my sewing room door to put all my purchases in there, what was on the floor right as you walk in the door! I FREAKED, screamed for DH to come in there & look (he helped me look too) I SWEAR tears started streaming down my cheeks & I could not believe this. To this day I said she came to visit me or was here the whole time! After she died, I withdrew, didn't want to go any where, didn't want to quilt, nothing. So I think this was HER way of getting me out of the house. Searching for fabric! Not the first time I'd been visited by a ghost!

absolutely believe you - my grandma said she'd leave me pennies. I find them all around - even after I've tidied up, knowing they were not there before.

Yes...and it's frustrating :(

Too many times to count.

all the time...I think I can probably blame the dog...she did it...

I lost the fabric I bought for my SIL bowling quilt. I finally bought some different fabric and found the original 6 months later in my closet. I'm still wondering why I put it there.

Me, too, and its always right in front of me!

Blog Entries
    Do you mean to suggest people CAN find their fabric all the time?
    Wow, marvelous. I'll have to try that sometime. If I can remember where I put it. I can find my sewing machines all the time, which is a good start.

ugh! just yesterday! and boy did i make a mess!

Last weekend I completely tore my sewing room apart looking for a piece of fabric. All the fabric came out of the closets. It looked like a tornado of fabric. Never did find what I was looking for, but I did find 5 UFOs I totally forgot about.

I am a firm believer in Gremlins. Happens lots, and the worst is when you go back and it is staring at you and you think I KNOW I looked there at least six times. lol

its under something

Its the sewing room gremlins, they work at night refolding and hiding the exact fabric that I"ll be needing the next day

Since I moved in Nov. I have daily treasure hunts, most of which take much of my time and yield very little in results. I know that I have a piece of grass but have been on an eternal search for weeks now, off and on, and it still is in hiding. Clarify this: a piece of fabric that is all grass, nice lush grass. Probably thinks it is winter, why does she need me now, I will just stay hidden.

Just last Wednesday...lol and it drives me crazy everytime.

I have a friend who swears she has a ghost that keeps messing things up in her sewing room. She has even named him George. Whenever something comes up missing she just blames it on George. Eventually the fabric or what ever is missing will show up so she then thanks George. It is a light hearted way to keep from driving herself nuts when things aren't going her way.

Blog Entries
    Yes it does. 2 weeks ago I spent literally 3 days tearing my room apart looking for 1 piece of fabric, could not find it. I gave up and bought another piece that I thought would work. Guess what? I found it the next day. It slipped down behind one of my stacks that I didn't totally remove from a shelf. I could just kick myself. Oh well, I still have it for something else now. Have a great day.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast