Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: cannot find my fabric.

Usually at the same time as I'm looking for my glasses when I'm wearing them!

Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    daily:)
    Me too.

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    I was 3/4 of the way done with a baby quilt. hand embroidered. had to put everything sewing related away for THANKSGIVING cause grandkids would be here. not a problem, just a fact. Think that quilt has been seen since?! nope. I gave up and made the baby another quilt. Someday I'm gonna have a Real Serious room sorting. when it gets warmer

Last week after semi-cleaning my sewing room(a mistake) I just knew I had thrown away four charm packs of clermont farms. After giving up, I found it folded up inside some fabric I was considering for backing. You're not alone!

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    not fabric this time-my family was going on vacation from ohio to myrtal beach YEARS ago, for the first time. 4 cars all in a caravan with my dad in the lead car. more than half way there we were seeing some of the same things for the 3rd time. Here tell, the caravan captain was a wee bit lost, mom couldn't find the map and Heaven forbid dad ask for directions. Finally captain caravan agreed to stop for lunch, coffee and directions. mom was sitting on the map the whole time!!! oh cap was peeved and we didn't dare laugh about it till 2 days later. still chuckle and they both have been gone for 20 yrs. those are the stories I hope my kids remember

Blog Entries
    LOL, its always in the very last place I look.

Blog Entries
    With fabric and cats that I need to brush!

I refer to this as a black hole phenomenon. Sometimes I "find"
    it in my sleep.

I am in the process of cutting a quilt & I ran out of the fabric. I got it at a quilt show It is Hoffman , but their site said it was discontinued. Question is: What is the site that was mentioned before here where one can look for fabric. I have the name & style number.

Blog Entries
    All the time!! And usually I am staring right at it :lol:

Blog Entries
    I loose fabric on a daily basis. And not just fabric...my glasses (usually on my head), my cigarettes, (yes I have that nasty habit, only thing that keeps me reasonably sane), my keys, but what I miss the most is my mind!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen charnell
    I am in the process of cutting a quilt & I ran out of the fabric. I got it at a quilt show It is Hoffman , but their site said it was discontinued. Question is: What is the site that was mentioned before here where one can look for fabric. I have the name & style number.
    www.thousandsofbolts.com

Thanks for thousand bolts, no luck here either

I bought a pig pattern from McKenna Ryan and I started collecting fat quarters for it. Do you think I can find them? Nope! I think it may be CRS.

I have recently bought a SECOND piece of fabric for backing because I had lost the original. Of course, I found it, but I am so tickled the the second purchase. I now have another back to choose from! Lucky me.

All the time and most of the time it is right there laughing at me.

you know it's always in that "safe" place that I'll never forget!

mac
    In my house, my husband and I call it a 'vortex'. We think it is where all the missing things go to hide until you don't need them anymore. Then ‘POOF’ they suddenly turn up right in the spot you both looked for it.

I don't know why this happens. But it is kind of strange. It happens like this:

One day I lost the cross my godmother gave me for my baptism. I always wore it and then one day it wasn't around my neck. I searched everywhere. Years later, my husband and I decided to move our waterbed. It was a big job, but I was looking forward to it because it was the only place I couldn't get to during the search. When the bed was all apart, I got down on my hands and knees and ran my fingers through the room (the shag carpeting that came with the house was very thin). Disappointed, I told my husband that it wasn't there. He ran the carpet sweeper over the rug and then he went down on his hands and knees to look, especially between the base board and the rug. Nothing.

We set up the bed and went to sleep that night. I got up the next morning and after my husband left for work, looked again. Not there. I was doing my chores and later in the afternoon decided to take a nap. Just as I walked into the room, in the middle of the rug, out in plain site, was my cross. Just lying on top of the shag rug like I had just placed it right there. You couldn't miss it. If my husband had been home I would have accused him of playing a joke on me. I was all alone. Boy was I happy!

I tend to think of this as my personal miracle. But think of all those times that you spend looking right where you swore you put something a second ago and can't find it. Then, one day, the item is right there where you looked a million times. It’s right there, out in the open, like it was there the whole time. Strange.

Yep, we have a 'vortex' in our house.

It is the quilter's black hole. One of these days it will spit it out when and where you least expect it. Usually when you are looking for the next thing it swallowed!

I spend half my time looking for something.

Oh yes! unfortunately it sure does happen to me as well. :( I searched high and low in every imaginable box of stash fabric for a particular fabric which was being used for the background of a quilt I was making. Could I find it (and I knew I had some of it left)? Of course not, couldn't be found anywhere. Just as I was thinking I would have to change the quilt into maybe table runners or table mats I happened to go into my take out sewing bag for something and there was the missing material :shock:
    No it happens way to frequently in this house :lol:

Maybe1day

I lost some fabric a few weeks ago for a block of the month club. I had ironed all of it and hung it over the back of a chair for cutting and sewing later. A few days passed and when I wanted to start work on the block, I could not find it anywhere! Had almost made the decision to buy another block package when I found the material in the laundry basket with a shirt I had laid on top of the fabric and then thrown all into the basket for washing. Geez!

All the time and not just with fabric.
    Quote Originally Posted by kriscraft99
    I cannot find a piece of fabric that I know is in my sewing room - either it is staring right back at me and I'm over looking it or it got folded up inside another piece :(

does this ever happen to anyone else here?

community benefactor p38flygirl's Avatar
    happens all the time..and sometimes it suddenly appears..

You do exquisite work and thanks for taking the time to put together the pictures for the rest of us to enjoy!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast