Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: cannot find my fabric.

I do that all the time. I think my fabric rearranges itself at night while I'm sleeping. I know the scraps multiply.

All the time. I always think I know right where a particular piece of fabric is that I want to use. Of course, that is not the case! I don't know how many times I have torn up the whole room looking for something only to find it was right under my nose.

Everyday of my life, I am looking for something!

Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    daily:)
    lol... me too!! usually i find it right after i replace it or make do with something else.

Oh YES! But, in midst of searching find WONDERFUL things forgot all about. Like discovering treasure! Bet begins more inspiration than any other method.

all the time, if it isn't fabric it is something else.

some friends say that it is probably 12-18 inches from where you are standing, just under something else. They are usually accurate too!

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA

Just this week, while folding some laundry, there were two small pieces of pink calico . I forgotten that I washed them to get ready for mayber a Sunbonnet Sue! Now I will think about SS again!

yes, this happens especially after i try to organize or put away things. can't remember where i put them. very frustrating.

no I do not have enough for it to get lost lol... Hope you fine it.:)

I do this with patterns. I have so many free ones from the internet that I can't keep up & put them organized into notebooks. So when I need a particular pattern, it's quite a hunt.

I have a whole stack of squares I did up and put away during the holidays as grandson was coming to use guest room. No where to be found so far.. :roll:

All of the time! That's why I've been de-stashing :0)

I can be looking straight at something I am looking for and not see it....I go in circles for hours....lol

frequently! :roll:

Couldn't find my brand new swivel cutting mat tonight. Used it once and now it's lost! Probably will find it under some pile of fabrics.

you betcha, and when I fo und it finally it was neatly put where i could find it!!! geez louise. even whwn I plan ahead, I can't win

yes. You can swear you looked in a place 6 times and when you finally find it it is right there where you know you looked before. I think the quilt fairies have it and are now laughing at you with the fun they are having. lol.

All the time. I end up going out and buying something else only to find the fabric once I get home. LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kriscraft99
    I cannot find a piece of fabric that I know is in my sewing room - either it is staring right back at me and I'm over looking it or it got folded up inside another piece :(

does this ever happen to anyone else here?
    I looked for two days for a misplaced quilt block--it was stuck on my lampshade.

Its in the same place where we lost our flashlight that disapeared 2 months ago. If I find it i'll let you know.

I love to hide stuff from my wife! LOL
    David

Yes it was happening to me over and over...and still does but have been working on that because it frustrates me to no end.

Finally I made a rule of thumb with ALL things and that is before putting away, I ask myself, OK, where would I look FIRST for this item? Because after a while you have this idea of where the most logical place you would have put it. I have found that rule has worked about 85% of the time.

community benefactor stitchofclass2's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh, my! Just watched your slide show. There just aren't enough ooohs and aaahs left in me to adequately cover all of your beautiful items. The designs, the workmanship, the talent, the kids, the photography. Oh! It is just too overwhelming. Your work is outstanding and that word does not even begin to cover how I really feel about it. I am so totally in awe of you. I love the babies and the children. I am 72 and I want to make one of those again. LOL. Thank you for sharing. Yolanda Wood River

If you are anything like me, you probably put it in a very specific safe place .... now remembering the "safe" place is another story :roll: Good luck! The only good thing is you will get to play with all the wonderful fabric in your stash while you are looking for it. My sewing stuff is the only thing I don't mind cleaning up.

Let's not confine it to a piece of fabric in the sewing room. Thats the story of my life.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast