Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: cannot find my fabric.

Blog Entries
    Kris...it sounds like you have a fabric overload problem and should start sending some to me til you run across horses.
    amazing what you can find with less to look through ...LOL

Yes all the time!! I bought 6 rotary blades, I have used one. I have looked for three weeks and still can't find them. Everything turns up eventually so good luck.
    Penny

I don't have enough fabric for that but I do have that problem in other areas.

That's where I find other people helpful. I ask someone else where it's hiding and they'll spot it immediately.

It's them dang gremlins they do things like that to me all the time lol

What is the Dgs policeman quilt. I am interested

Quote Originally Posted by kriscraft99
    I cannot find a piece of fabric that I know is in my sewing room - either it is staring right back at me and I'm over looking it or it got folded up inside another piece :(

does this ever happen to anyone else here?
    Every day!!! I really really need to hire a professional organizer lolol
    Hugs
    April

Blog Entries
    Yes after a thorough house cleaning I found my piece of material folded in with a pattern and another piece of fabric.

LOL as a matter of fact that is what my problem is right now. I bought a piece of fabric to start a lap quilt for a friend and now I can't find it . REALLY frustrating. Oh well maybe we both will find them soon

Blog Entries
    Ha! Ha!! Did I write this question?? I'm also looking for a particular piece of fabric and a pattern that I know I have!! They both are hiding out somewhere in my house!! Yes!! I agree!! Very frustrating!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kriscraft99
    I cannot find a piece of fabric that I know is in my sewing room - either it is staring right back at me and I'm over looking it or it got folded up inside another piece :(

does this ever happen to anyone else here?
    Often. Best thing is to get someone else to take a look. A new pair of eyes quite often finds things quickly. I used to call my Mum hawkeye when she was alive. A friend found my 6" ruler which I had hunted for a week.
    Hope you find it and
    Happy Quilting
    Jude

This happens everyday and not just with fabric.

A couple of weeks ago, I spent 3 hours cutting out applique pieces, put them carefully into plastic bags, and then of course, put them carefully away so I knew exactly where to put my hands on them when I needed to use them. I need to use them now and do you think I can find them? I have spent the last 2 afternoons pulling my sewing room apart and no luck. It's those blasted quilting devils again!!! Don't you just hate when that happens?

Way too many times to tell you about. Sometimes I think I am crazy too!

I embroidered 8 squares for a quilt...cannot find them. I KNOW they are here...but where is here??

Love your avatar, where did you get that picture?
    Quote Originally Posted by Margie
    I embroidered 8 squares for a quilt...cannot find them. I KNOW they are here...but where is here??

Blog Entries
    More times than I can count. Eventually I find it though, sometimes when I am not even looking for it.

This happens to me sometimes, not only with fabric, but with my keys, a recipe, a pair of shoes, etc. A very good friend told me once when this happens to her, she goes to the kitchen, makes a cup of tea, and spends five minutes in prayer. She told me this never failed her. I have had great success with it myself, however, my faith is not as great as hers, so I still sometimes am in my panic when I go back to look.

Yep, quite regularly!

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    haa haa daily ~ so I'm determined to get it all organized better and sorted, and am finding fabrics I have outgrown while I'm sorting :) Guess its time for a de-stashing party here! I lost one of my focal fabrics once... it was maddening, had all the kids and hubby looking. Found it in the clean laundry basket, it had gotten tossed on top, then hubby brought up more clean clothes and "hid" it... :)

I spend more time looking for something than getting anything done..that's why I am on a mission of organizing my quilt room. Been working on it for 2 weeks now. As long as I do some every day it will get done, it will get done.......been finding stuff I didn't know I had.

The other day I finished a baby quilt and layed it aside to quilt and bind it,it took me two days to find it and it was right in front of me,literily right in front of me.It was sitting on top of some other fabric and I actually moved it aside to look for it.(only on this board would I admit this)

yes, i always seems i spend more time looking for some fabric than actually sewing it all together...no matter how i organized - color, theme, etc - i still lose things.....but i am convinced it goes with the territory!!!....happy searching..errr i mean quilting!! gina

I don't think it happened to me with fabric, at least not so often. But I lost a pair of Ginghers, the small ones. And a few days ago, I looked for my measuring tape for hours, I mean hours, back and forth, like a lion in a cage. I found it eventually, but I was just going nuts. Is this a cognitive impairment?

welcome.

I wrote down this one from the board not too long ago.l Might
    give it a try. Find My Fabric.com

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast