Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: cannot find my fabric.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kriscraft99
    I cannot find a piece of fabric that I know is in my sewing room - either it is staring right back at me and I'm over looking it or it got folded up inside another piece :(

does this ever happen to anyone else here?
    Nah!!!!Never!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

I was looking for a pattern that I had printed from the net. I know I had it.... . But then Adult ADHD set in and I started playing in the patterns I had printed. Organized them. (guess what, I recalled the name differently than what it was, so I was going past it)

Fabric- yep- looking for something, I start organizing and next thing I know, i don't remember what I was looking for.

I must have some of those gremlins too- do you think they attach themselves to the fabric when they leave the quilt shop? The shop is always organized and the ladies know where everything is, so they must lie in wait for us to purchase and jump in the bag.

Blog Entries
    Oh yea!!! Sometimes it right there n front of me. Othere times, I have stacked something else on top of it. Happened to me just yesterday. and that is only because I just got up this morning.

funny how that happens reminds me of my kids they always blamed sam he lived in our attic and was always doing wierd things like leaving toys out so i just blame him for taking my fabrc

That's my clue I need to clean up and organize. Just did that yesterday because I lost a charm bundle I wanted to look through for a particular fabric. I swear sometimes Heavenly Father just hides things so I will stop and organize!

I cannot find a piece of fabric that I know is in my sewing room - either it is staring right back at me and I'm over looking it or it got folded up inside another piece :(

I have binding strips cut out for a lap quilt and can't for the life of me find them. I have looked everywhere. So I cut out more strips (had to settle on another fabric -- darn) and sewed it on. Will probably find the previously cut strips shortly.

All the time.

You aren't the only one. I bought three fabrics (several yards each) when we went to Hawaii over two years ago. I know I saw it once since then but still can't find it for the life of me. I was going to put it on QB to get some suggestions for a pattern, but not today!

Blog Entries
    Looking now. I know it's there somewhere!

Yes, with a lot of things. I seem to be looking for things more and more. Maybe I should be sewing more. Or how about going out to buy more fabric!

Just yesterday!

Just did that last week looking for a half yard of fabric in my stash for a table runner for Easter. I went thru all my bins and took me most of a day looking for it. Well I gave up on it and packed up the bins. My cat was sitting on it the entire time as I had layed it in her favorite spot were she sleeps on the chair during the day!

Everyday - finding things here is a treasure hunt

I have had my older daughter, her husband, their two daughters, and their Great Dane move in with my husband and me so I have no room for anything!!!! My fabric is SO buried that I usually just go buy fabric since I can't even get near my stash. Someday, I hope to have a pleasant surprise by having them move into their own place and I get to rediscover my stash!!!!

It happened to me in December and I spent(wasted) two days refolding most of my fabric to find it. You are not alone.

Blog Entries
    Yep - just yesterday I was looking for my white small piece of fabric I use to make labels for my quilts.... I have two boxes labeled solids, it had to be in one of them! and naturally they are on the bottom of the pile of boxes I have with fabric in them. So, I completely unpacked the pile, to get at the boxes, and nothing there!!! THEN I spied where I had put it before I got at putting these baby quilts together; I had "preplanned" and "forgot".......... Sometimes you feel it does not pay to get up in the mornings! But all turned out well in the end; I found 3 more baby projects to do - (we have a new baby coming into our family within the next couple months) - and so not all was in vane... plus I got my labels made and put on! So a good day afterall!

Happened to me just a couple of weeks ago! Thought I was losing my mind. I found the "missing" fabric yesterday, stacked between two other pieces of fabric and pushed back to where I couldn't see it.

I donated two baskets full of material to a church that makes quilts for missionary work, and will think about using what is gone, usually after I've searched for it. If you start something else it usually will show up then.

Murphy's Law: You will find it as soon as you have bought another piece.

All the time to all the quilters I know :shock:

Blog Entries
    I have soooo much fabric, i won't ever know what I have or don't have. So i guess what I am saying is I hope I'm not looking for anything

It is happening right now!! The piece I bought for backing for my current quilt has gone missing!!

Blog Entries
    All the time! :-)

I think you sent it to me!!!

Blog Entries
    Kris...I thought I was the queen of losing fabrics and other things.

Happy hunting.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast