Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Charms with no pinked edges?

Charms with no pinked edges?

I'm trying to find some charm packs of solids (mostly need white), and I can find Moda and Kona, but they have pinked edges and I really don't like those.

Any suggestions for a quality solid with regular edges?

Thanks!

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    People cut up solid charm packs and sell them on eBay. I buy mine from eBay. Very inexpensive. No pinking. Watch for how many pieces are in a pack...some only have 20. Lots have 40-44. They also sell hand cut precuts of all sorts at great bargains! Like jelly rolls, 2 1/2 charms, layer cakes, turnovers, etc.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Senior Member Chester the bunny's Avatar
    They sell a pack of Moda Bella solids here with straight edges, but there is no white.
    Perhaps a pack of solid colors and finding solid white by the yard for what you need...
    https://quiltcomfort.com/product/112...es-100-cotton/

I see that they also have white on white layer cakes.
    Looks like all of their fabric is straight cuts no pinking.
    Last edited by Chester the bunny; 09-07-2018 at 07:58 AM.
    Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.
    Edmund Burke

I love www.jordanfabrics.com! Their pre-cuts are done in their shop and have no pinked edges.
    Barb

No one can make you feel inferior unless you allow them to...Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    I saw some white ones on Hancock's of Paducah this morning --no affiliation

Quote Originally Posted by mrs theo View Post
    I love www.jordanfabrics.com! Their pre-cuts are done in their shop and have no pinked edges.
    This was going to be my suggestion, although I've never bought precuts. I just see what they have on Donna Jordan's Utube videos.

I haven't bought the precuts before, but when I order fabric on-line I usually start out at equilter. They have several pages of things, the pictures don't show any pinking, here's the blender link.
    https://www.equilter.com/category/26...harms-blenders

I find them very fast and reliable and their prices even with shipping are better than my local shops. They are strict on their cutting -- when you order 1 yard that is EXACTLY what you get, not a quarter inch more. I did order one of their "scrap packs", those are the bolt ends, often ragged/sloped but was exactly what I needed for one of my quilts -- it was really fun to go through the package when it came.

Edit: On 2nd look and with my screen images larger, it looks like most are pinked sorry about that but maybe check out those scrap packs to cut down.
    Last edited by Iceblossom; 09-07-2018 at 02:23 PM.

I'm going to have to spend more time on the jordan fabrics website. I really like what I just saw.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

I must be the odd duck because I hate the precuts without the pinked edges. I just don't like the way it frays, I was watching Jenny's tutorial on Friday and when she unrolled the jelly roll with all those frayed edges I cringed. The pinked edges don't fray I love em.
    Maria
    Always be true to yourself!

I don't think this is accurate. I thought the same thing when I first read this question. I went to their site and looked through their posted precuts. Their pre-cuts appear to be the same commercial ones that everyone else sells.

From their videos, I got the impression they made their own pre-cuts. It appears I was mistaken. I think they do their pre-cuts only for their quilt kits.

bkay

Jordan Fabrics.
    Carol