Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
CityScapes quilt in progress and design board whine >

CityScapes quilt in progress and design board whine

CityScapes quilt in progress and design board whine

Old 03-22-2012, 01:54 AM

Hooray for your getting new design boards! I love your cityscape quilt!
Old 03-22-2012, 03:44 AM

I am wall space challenged in my sewing nook. My DH made me a folding design wall, thick insulation board 2 pieces, cut 6'6" x 4" wide (ceiling fan limits the height), duct taped together. Folded in half, The 4 x 6 design wall leans against a dresser in the nook usually. but as my project grows, I get a 6'6" x 8 design wall when needed (I drag it out into the hallway, no room in the nook).

Originally Posted by Crqltr View Post
I went to home depot and bought two of the boards, they cut them in half for me there to fit my car. I put them on the wall length ways one above the other and got a nice big design board.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:46 AM

Flannel backed table cloths fit in a car a lot easier LOL.... I have 4 hung in my sewing room. 2 of them are taped together and make a great king sized area for my designs..... I use the small black clips for business and the Command strips to hang on the wall. Easy to hang, easy to move, and no holes in the walls.....
Old 03-22-2012, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts View Post
Flannel backed table cloths fit in a car a lot easier LOL.... I have 4 hung in my sewing room. 2 of them are taped together and make a great king sized area for my designs..... I use the small black clips for business and the Command strips to hang on the wall. Easy to hang, easy to move, and no holes in the walls.....
I have a wall space issue - the bit of space you see in this pic way behind the quilting machine - not easy to get to is all I have. The rest is fabric bins.
Attached Thumbnails blurry-studio.jpg  
Old 03-23-2012, 03:41 AM

Thanks for the pic. This gave me an AHA moment. I am about to redecorate my bedroom, and get rid of the vertical blinds at the sliding glass door. Seeing yours made me think that I can use it in my basement sewing studio to hang a design wall that can be slid back into a corner. Hmmmmm.....new idea in the making.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:03 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

Too funny! I finally dragged my DH to Home Depot to bring my boards home because they won't fit in my car. Hopefully it will be on the wall tonight! I love, love, love your cityscape!! I think I need to make a mini like that. Would you mind?
Old 03-23-2012, 07:00 AM

Please feel free and if you google cityscapes you will be amazed at all of the ideas!
Originally Posted by MaryAnnMc View Post
Too funny! I finally dragged my DH to Home Depot to bring my boards home because they won't fit in my car. Hopefully it will be on the wall tonight! I love, love, love your cityscape!! I think I need to make a mini like that. Would you mind?
Old 03-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for sharing the adventure. Love the quilt. Please post again when finished.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:50 AM

great city scape and have fun filling up your design boards
Old 03-24-2012, 06:39 AM
KLO

Wow, nice quilt. It's modern but has the look of stained glass. Really love your design!!!