Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cleaning  up your sewing space..Join me?! >

Cleaning up your sewing space..Join me?!

Cleaning up your sewing space..Join me?!

Old 01-01-2010, 05:23 AM

Ok, We are moving to the new thread!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-32793-1.htm
Old 01-01-2010, 06:19 AM

Well, I wont be cleaning out at this point... but I will be watching and learning! I will be "moving" into a new space soon. I will have to go through alot of things that got boxed up in a hurry due to a "small" remodeling job that started a year ago. So I will be watching all the progress... and please do tell everyone what seems to work for you and why. That will help sooo much! I can't wait to see what everyone gets accomplished, big or small... it is all good! I wish each and everyone of you success! Let us know what is working for you or your
"ah ha" discoveries for storage and organization!
Old 01-01-2010, 07:14 AM

I have to say that all of the pictures I see have great storage options just we all tend to let things pile up until it's caiotic and then try and tackle it in a day and get overwhelmed. I have been sorting and cleaning and organizing for over a year now. I do it in small bits and try and keep it pretty clean in between my cleaning spurts so I don't get overwhelmed again.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:50 AM

Thanks for the name....I'll keep checking back. Happy New Year
Old 01-01-2010, 10:51 AM

OK here goes I am so embarrassed this is a giant disaster! Once this is posted I will HAVE to clean up! Thanks for the motivation.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-60907.jpe   attachment-60908.jpe   attachment-60909.jpe  
Old 01-01-2010, 10:54 AM

Alright already! You all have shamed me in to it! I took 1/2 hr to straighten up & vacuum. The only thing I have left to do is to clean up my ironing station! (That's where I piled everything while I was straightening up *giggles* I'll take 1/2 or hour tomorrow & things will be as they should be lol

Thanks for the uhmmm incentive lol
Old 01-01-2010, 11:06 AM

Looks like you have all you need to get organized so get busy, mine looked like that once, now you should see my garage. ( Ha Ha )
Old 01-01-2010, 11:29 AM

I have tried to clean my sewing room however the only way to do it is to keep sewing and get the UFO's done.
I keep all my supplies and stash in a closet (which is a mess cuz I keep buying more)
So, if you know a better way, tell me too!
Old 01-01-2010, 01:38 PM

I'm in too! I started my room a coule of months ago by going thru my quilting magazines and ripping put the patterns i wanted and putting them in top loading page protectors and then in binders. I did that with my sewing mags too. cleared a lot of shelf area. Then i refinished a pattern file that i got at a garage sale and put that in my room. Then tis week, I went through my craft stuff and got rid of some to goodwill. My room is still a mess and some of the stuff is in another room bc you have to have room to move to organize. I'll try to get pics posted next week as i am going out of town for a wedding and have to prepare for that and for the cat-sitter. I'm looking forward to this challenge and the UFO one i signed on for!
Old 01-01-2010, 01:55 PM

I did some mending that my son gave me to do back around August/Sept. (It was in a bag, in the sewing room, buried under fabrics).
It is only 5 degrees outside today, and I can't stand to work in there today. Tomorrow is another day....