Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
clothing catalog in my quilting magazine >

clothing catalog in my quilting magazine

clothing catalog in my quilting magazine

Old 08-21-2010, 09:10 AM

I forgot to say in my last post that they sent me an unsolicited book and THAT wrinkles me beyond measure. I have to return items like that to the post office and it's a 30-mile drive both ways. I wrote on the outside of the box that I would not return any more unsolicited merchandise, and I won't. When I took business law in California, I learned that you do not have to return unsolicited merchandise, and that in fact, you can charge the sender for storing it in your house. Never tried it but wouldn't that be great?
Old 08-21-2010, 09:11 AM

I think you should let Fons and Porter know you are dissatisfied with their magazine. I found this place on their website where you can write your comments.

http://www.fonsandporter.com/aspx/Fo...ntactform.aspx
Old 08-21-2010, 09:15 AM

Another thing F&P did was buy a free quilting site that had alot of very good videos then they started charging 24 dollars a year for it. That is QNNTV.
Im glad I watched most of the videos before they started charging for it.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:35 AM

In our area Fons and Porter items are on sale at other times, as much as 50%. Just have to watch the adds. Coupons usually do not apply.
Originally Posted by dforesee
Another thing about Fons and Porter that bothers me is that whenever Joann's has a sale with all quilting notions at 50% off, the F&P notions are excluded. I can't think why that would be unless they are having to pay so much for the products wholesale that they can't afford to mark them down without losing money.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:41 AM

Has anyone else noticed. At a show during the summer Marianne was the guest speaker, no Liz. The announcement for the fall TV show mentioned Marianne and her daughter, no Liz. A quilt show this fall has Marianne as the speaker, no Liz. During the first show of the new series there was an 5 second mention that Liz is retired from TV to spend more time with her grandchildren. If one is about to retire there should be some sort of celebration/party/farewell/whatever. Just my opinion.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:49 AM

I didn't renew mine either and I did not renew cnntv show for 24 dollars a year it was all about F and P too also canceled McCalls for over their last issue since wecannot even enter anything we would make out of that magazine in a fair to touchy for me I'm going to stick to free patterns lots of them out there
Old 08-21-2010, 10:00 AM

Ditto.......

I get 5 magazines and as each one expires, I will not renew them..I thought perhaps the only one I would renew is "Quick Quilts" but I got the latest one today..and even that is not that very enlightening.....

as far as patterns go, they all seem to have more or less the same.......very, very few paper piecing patterns are ever in any........

Subscribed to McCall's, last March..
and I am still waiting for the scissors that were promised with the subscription.....called more than a few times, first time they told me I was not entitled to them, until I told them I still had the paper telling me of the gift.

I really don't need them but now...it's the principle. right?
Old 08-21-2010, 10:14 AM

I also noticed that their TV shows are now 2 year old reruns. Sounds like something is changing.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:19 AM

I am agreeing with all of you. The magazine is not what it should be. I got the DVD that they want to sell. I did not even know it existed much less ordered it. It said in the paper work that you do not have to buy or return since it was sent without my permission. That is what I am doing. Also I do not like the catalogs in the center of the magazine. I also thought that the Quilting Club might be interesting and bought it. Do not see much there for the price. Also a lot of the coupons promised do not seen to come. I think I will start using only books from here on and reading our free forum. Much more interesting.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
Subscribed to McCall's, last March..
and I am still waiting for the scissors that were promised with the subscription.....called more than a few times, first time they told me I was not entitled to them, until I told them I still had the paper telling me of the gift.

I really don't need them but now...it's the principle. right?
Absolutely. I got sucked in on a link the other day for "free quilt patterns." It turned out to be one of those websites where you tell them approximately where you live, and they send you reduced price offers for things in your area. The free quilt patterns never materialized. I unsubscribed immediately and sent them an email telling them they would get a single cent of my money until I got the free quilt patterns. No reply, of course.