Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Quilt with me Today - 7/15

Worked on the back for my first quilt that I've decided to let my dog have since she loves quilts so much. I misjudged how much fabric I needed for the border so I only got 3 sides done. I was showing my husband what the backing and border looked like together and my dog crawled right onto the back lol. Guess she loves it already!
    Thanks for having this virtual quilt day. It was the encouragement I needed.

I got a late start today. I got home from work in time to watch the last 5 laps of Nascar race, started reading the Sun. paper on the couch, fell asleep and slept for 1 1/12 hours, ate dinner and finally started quilting. I got 5 of 20 blocks quilted on my Silhouettes quilt done. That makes 12 finished--only 8 more to go. Hopefully I'll get the rest done this week and then on to the binding.

Enjoyed seeing all your work.

Blog Entries
    Well, didn't get much done. Have to relocate my pp butterfly pattern since mine didn't turn out so good. OH well, had fun anyway.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    That block is soooo perfect! It is paper pieced? I love the colours and the shapes!

DWR I am in awe of- too hard for me, but yours looks like it will be a fine example of the type!

Quote Originally Posted by cwessel47 View Post
    I guess I've gotten far enough along now to post. Had a late start today. The swoon block is pieced. I recently traded FQ's for scraps here ion the board and got this awesome piece of black with gold flowers. Had to use it quick! And the DWR is making progress. All of the arcs are pieced, but the fussy hand stitching is taking a while. The third row should be on by bedtime and then only one more row to go. It will be 19" square when complete.
    Fortune favours the prepared mind
    "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." Albert Einstein

I didn't get a lot done today, but I did achieve my goal - which was to get my butt back into my sewing room. I've been on a knitting kick lately, and had no motivation to sew. I managed to get 2 of my block of the month done (one of the red/blue squares is in the picture). Plus I got started on my BQ quilt. This is going to be a practice quilt when my long arm arrives (this week, I hope). I started with a square focus block, but didn't like it (the bottom border didn't blend well with the rest) so I've turned it into a rectangular BQ.

Name:  P7150136_2.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  317.3 KB
    Name:  P7150136_1.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  742.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
    I LOVE the Sally Dick and jane quilt!~!Where did you find that fabric?!

I am almost done putting the top together for my DD quilt..would love to have it at least sandwiched before I quit for the day. I like to sit in the evenings and hand quilt.
    Several of our quilt shops have the Sally, Dick and Jane fabric. I've had mine for about a year, but I think it is still out there.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    Well, I posted very early this morning and then went to church and to Knoxville to run some errands and lunch while we were out. Came home and went downstairs to sew. Hubby finally wanted to eat, so just quit and came up to post these pictures to show what "Little" work I did today. I hope to go back downstairs after he eats (I won't be eating - one big meal per day is all I can handle) and finish at least with the borders on the Asian Scrappy quilt. Here's some progress postings. The smaller pieces are needing handwork - one just binding and the other some hand quilting to finish up.
    Wow, Kathleen! Love the quilt. The Asian fabric and the black sashing is just beautiful.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose View Post
    Attachment 349314Well, I was one of those who posted to the other thread. But have been quilting all day and it was so fun. Thank you!!! I finished the "Santa's Galore" - a UFO that has been in the works for 2 years. First time I did a braided border. Love the look. Now it's ready to go to my SIL when we travel to MI in a few weeks.

Also worked on another UFO - had to do some "design changes" since this is old also. But I decided since I was going to be donating it, I should just GET IT DONE. Just the binding left to put on.

All these pictures are wonderful. Lots of new ideas for quilts to come.
    Everose, I love the braid borders. I need to put those on my bucket list.
    Kathleen

Blog Entries
    Well, I got another quilt cut out for my retreat a week from tomorrow. Also, did some hand embroidering which kept me awake through Big Brother. Of course, now I'm wide awake at 11:00. Need to finish my glass of wine and get some sleep.
    Kathleen

Blog Entries
    So much accomplished by everyone today--way to go. Finally got the resew done with new border fabric. Will bind with a navy/gold paisley. Also the string mini all pieced. Think I will use the rust fabric as the binding as shown in the pic. Now off to bed as it's a new day.Name:  006.JPG
Views: 229
Size:  86.4 KBName:  001rs2.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  69.0 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Blog Entries
    oksewglad, that is a lovely redo- you were so right to give it a setting to show off your blocks- it looks great now!
    Fortune favours the prepared mind
    "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." Albert Einstein

I'm still on page nine reading all the posts from yesterday. Well, it seems that yesterday was my "virtual day of rest" instead of quilting. I had big plans but never really got on step. Had major backache and, after church, took two extra strength Tylenols and slept the afternoon away. I'm so glad to see that so many of you got so much done. The pictures are great. As a retired teacher, I have really enjoyed the talk of back to school and the great classroom projects. This was my favorite time of the year -- preparing myself and the classroom for the kids coming in for the new year. Now it's time for me to get back to "Monday" and get some things done. Will have to get back later to the remaining part of the thread, which is growing as I sit here. Congratulations to all who made so much progress.
    Last edited by GailG; 07-16-2012 at 04:54 AM.
    One step at a time, always forward.

Dang!!! I wish I had some of your energy. I have all kinds of plans to get things done - in my head, that is. I just can't get the enthusiasm to get movin'. I have sooooo much fabric pieces that I need to get rid of and ran a pattern off this AM called "Almost Paradise". That would be a good place to start, I guess. Oooops - my colored ink is almost out, I see, but I did get that pattern printed off.

Blog Entries
    I am going to be working on a quilt for my GGD, it is a Flying Geese pattern I got off of the internet it is called Follow the leader,,, I am not sure how long I can work today, but I need some inspiration..

I am going to locate my 4" square and cut a pile of crumb blocks I have been playing with. This weekend is our little group gathering in the town room, there are 8 of us if everybody comes. I love those days, so I want to have something to work on-like piecing the blocks OR of course starting something totally NEW.....so I need to plan and organize-cleaning out the trunk of my car is a good start-lots of quilting "stuff" stays with me in the trunk all the time-so I am ready to work on strings or crumbs by just adding the machine to the car and going!

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    I'm here! My goal is to get at least 50 Biscuit squares sewed together. Here is a picture of the 100 I got done last Sat & Sun. I need at least another 125 to make my throw 52" X 52" Might scale it back at some point!!!

I won't be here all day as it is Picture with your Pet to support the local animal shelter and I have a Sociology midterm tomorrow! Ugh!
    Aunt Piggy - what is a biscuit square?
    Bernina 440QE
    Bernina 1150 serger
    Janome 1000CPX coverstitch

Oh wow - I absolutely love this quilt. I have to get this pattern. Is there a name for the pattern?
    Bernina 440QE
    Bernina 1150 serger

GORGEOUS! Can't wait to see the applique.
    Bernina 440QE
    Bernina 1150 serger

Love the bunnies!
    Bernina 440QE
    Bernina 1150 serger

Well I had to stop early yesterday.I really hated to but my neck was irratating me.But I did get one border on my jellyroll. Will do better next time. I really enjoyed looking at ya'lls your great work.See ya'll next month.
    Stephanie
    Last edited by StephTn; 07-16-2012 at 08:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    I have 108 geese made and have cut out the blocks to put them together,I did not make them all this morning I had already started this project... After lunch and a nap I will return to start assembling them
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
    I plan to sew the rows, borders(?), backing, and prepare the binding strip for this baby quilt

but I need to get this old ufo quilted and off the frame as well
    Ooooh... I am in LOVE with that gorgeous baby quilt! What pattern is that? It's fabulous! And I LOVE your fabrics/colors! Too yummy!!!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    So much accomplished by everyone today--way to go. Finally got the resew done with new border fabric. Will bind with a navy/gold paisley. Also the string mini all pieced. Think I will use the rust fabric as the binding as shown in the pic. Now off to bed as it's a new day.Name:  006.JPG
Views: 229
Size:  86.4 KBName:  001rs2.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  69.0 KB

These are so adorable I can hardly stand it! What size are they? I love, love, love them!!!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Wantaquilt View Post
    I just love looking at what you all have gotten done today. Everyone has done an outstanding job!
    Isn't it a treat to look at all these fabulous projects?! It's like having a quilt show right in your own house! I just marvel at how creative & talented the people on the board are!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Tumblers

Quote Originally Posted by Patti25314 View Post
    You gals/guys are so amazing! I'm getting started on tumblers again.
    Where can I find single tumbler template? I am looking for a 6 or 8" one. Most of what I see are sets. Thanks for any info on this.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast