Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Come Virtually Quilt with me Today - 6/24

Talking

I'm up, walked the dogs, doing the morning necessities. Took pic of sewing area, it's not as crowded as it appears but it does have threads and snippets all over the floor. :-) My goal is to finish the Color Pools table runner I started last Saturday. If I get this down pat, I can make 3 more for sister presents before summer family vacation. But from different fabrics, of course. Gotta work through the stash.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "When you earnestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do."

Blog Entries
    Well finished transplanting plants into my new garden. Cleaned the livingroom and Kitchen...now ready to go iron my backing, cut the batting..and sandwich my Mother's quilt.

Need a break ... lady is now ironed on to the quilt top and I have her face stitched. That was weird ... stitching a lady's face. That was the hardest part with all the pivots.

After running some tests with the clear poly thread I didn't like the way it looked. Normally it's invisible, but not on black .. and I don't have smoke poly. So I opted for black Gutterman in a blanket stitch.

Sunnie ... I think I would rather be puppy sitting!! Well, that depends on the age. I do miss having puppies around, but I will not be breeding anymore. Had a good day yesterday with my 5 yr old boy though - he had a "spa" day - bath, blow dry, ears cleaned, and of course a mani-pedi (except is was all pedi). Results of the blow dry below.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Wow look at all those well loved sewing spaces! Lots of great projects going on today. Sad to say I've already been side tracked by my ADHD. Laundry and breakfast, now to the dishes! Oh my goodness I really should go thin out those flower beds, its so pretty outside today.. No no no... as soon as I get the breakfast dishes done I'm sewing! See you all in a few! Maybe by noon I can get some pictures posted of the ugly chair thingys.

Okay, I am here too. Don't know what I am going to work on - will let you know later.

Oh my goodness doghouse mom! What alot of hair! looks like snow!

Wish I could join you all today but I have a shower to go to at 1. Maybe I can do alittle hand quilting before I go. I'll check in when I return.

Blog Entries
    Count me in! (Lucky me, I get to do this every day!) Going to scan off patterns for more Dear Jane triangles and get at least one quilted. Also finish another hand-quilted block on the Black/White quilt.
    Here is my sewing space. If is looks like a kitchen - it is! Looking out on horse pasture!

Name:  Eventables09.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  24.0 KB
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

DogHouseMom, I looked at the pic before I read your post and thought you still had snow. LOL.

I have laid out my blocks and am now ready to sew. I see some awsome quilts in the making.

Wow, sounds like we're all getting a lot accomplished. Keep up the great work. I'm finished with Month 4, see picture below, there are 4 blocks. I've also attached a picture of my cutting room and 2 of my angels who helped me in the sewing room earlier. I have the pillowcases ready to work on. I'm headed downstairs for lunch. I made chicken salad for sandwiches last night and potato salad also. I threw a chocolate cake in the crockpot before I started this morning and it smells really good. So it will be a few minutes before I head back to the sewing room!

Heather

Blog Entries
    What a great idea - can't do it today cause my sister in law and nephew (he's 1-1/2) are in town from Minnesota. So naturally he comes before any quilting today - lol! But will try to do the next one!

Blog Entries
    DogHouseMom...I guess your dog is now ready for summer. That sure is a lot of hair. I'm so glad to have shorthaired dogs when I see all that grooming results.
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

I am up and ready to start after lunch. My goal for today is to finish putting together a top that all the blocks are done. I would like to get it together and all borders on today. I will be very happy if I get that done. My 2nd goal is to cut out a quilt for my grandson, Isaiah, who is 5. It is a penguin and he will love it. Good luck to everyone.
    DonnaR
    Grammy to Isaiah and Ruth

PokerDiva, Love your kisses scrappy quilt. I actually need to start a quilt for my nephew and I think yours is what I was looking for. How big are the small squares?
    Great projects I see!
    :-( I wish I was a full time quilter!
    Andrea (Margate, FL)

Leakus, the squares are 8" finished. Really easy and great way to get rid of scraps. This was a mystery.
    Sorry, I bet you meant the small squares. They are 2 1/2".

Checking in....

My jelly roll strips are hanging to dry, looking lots better. Also finished quartering the 9-patches, rotary cutter developed a mind of it's own so had to make two more blocks.
    Was working on my November turkey block, it didn't square too well, will have to add an extra strip down one side. Bummer. Going to work on other blocks first, then lay everything out and decide which side to use for that (left or right).

Taking a break, ordered a pizza, then onto another HST - an umbrella block for April. Here's a scan of my D9P squares.
    Tomorrow I must stop procrastinating.

Well that didn't take as long as I thought it would. She's appliqued!!

Be kind ... I haven't drawn life forms since High School ... there's good reason I STOPPED! Her head is a tad too small and her legs look like she's a professional cyclist. Come to think of it ... the woman I'm making it for is an avid mountain hiker so the legs are probably appropriate

Now on to the lettering on the right side.
    Last edited by DogHouseMom; 06-24-2012 at 08:06 AM.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Ok, I really need to stop reading about quilting here on the board and actually get some done myself. Lol. I have to make a block for a group quilt we're making at work in memory of a colleague to give to his wife. Then I have to make about a million HSTs for a quilt for my son. It will be great when it's done but I hate HSTs so I have been dragging my feet about working on it. Hopefully they will all be sewn and squared by the end of the day.

I'll check in again later and may have some pictures then too. Good luck to us all that we accomplish our goals!
    I'd rather be at the lake

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

yikes! all that came off one dog?
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

I didn't get as much done this morning as I planned. I remembered that I bought strawberries to make jam yesterday, and then discovered I was out of sugar. So out to the store this morning. Back home, made a batch of jam, and got a little bit of sewing in between that. 2 placemats are quilted. 2 to go, plus the runner.
    Name:  P6240119.JPG
Views: 228
Size:  930.1 KB
    And here's a couple pictures of the disaster I call my sewing room. It really should be tidied, but that would cut into my sewing time Now, off to finish the next 2 placemats.
    Name:  P6240117.JPG
Views: 231
Size:  532.4 KB
    Name:  P6240118.JPG
Views: 233
Size:  649.9 KB

I have cut out a pumpkin wall quilt based on a Thimbleberries pattern in the a.m. Have TWO high school graduations parties I have to head out to in a few. I'm assuming we won't be back before early p.m. Plan to continue to handquilt a lap quilt I pieced during last month's virtual quilt-a-thon. Also in the planning stages of another charm quilt. Don't expect to get a lot done today, but I'm with all of you in spirit.

Blog Entries

Smile Here is my quilting room

I spend quite a bit of time in here. The one thing I really would like to get is a large table for cutting that my large cutting mat would fit on. I love to open the curtains and watch the children playing and the birds.

Brenda

Blog Entries

This is my project for today!

I am having a great time with this project. Trying out a different way to "applique" per say. I have so many tiny pieces and fitting them in specifically...I decided to trace everything onto my tear away stabilizer, attach the fusible pieces onto that. Next, I will tack it onto the backing fabric and then applique/free motion machine embroider the entire piece. I hope that it works or this will be a lot of wasted time and effort.

So off to do some more pieces. Love what everyone is doing!

Brenda

Blog Entries
    Okay, I'm home. I am going to finish the binding on the red quilt that has been around way too long, then put it aside and work on my Train mystery. I am way behind on that one, so today is it.

Just checking in to see what you all have accomplished. I've finished 3 of the 10 heads--all traced onto fusible, cut out & fused to background block.

DogHouseMom: that is awesome. Can't wait to see it finished.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast