Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
companies similar to connectin threads? >

companies similar to connectin threads?

companies similar to connectin threads?

Old 05-02-2013, 10:14 AM

I like to put in a good word for Whittles fabric.They're in KY,usually have free or low cost shipping.The CS is great & they have fast service.

http://www.whittlesfabrics.com/
Old 05-02-2013, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by sewmary View Post
I finally ordered a fabric line from CT after hearing raves about their material. My opinion: the fabric quality was ok, not great, not awful.

The line I bought was called "Soaked". The other day I saw one of the exact same fabrics (the rain boots) at another quilt shop on line. In the same colorways. Don't remember where. Don't remember who made the fabric. I thought CT had exclusive fabrics?

Like another person here, generally the CT lines don't appeal to me. I can get sale fabrics elsewhere for CT prices that have wonderful quality. All of this is just my opinion.
Sorry to hear you weren't satisfied with your order! Please feel free to contact our customer service at 800-574-6454 and we will be happy to help.

With regard to seeing our fabrics on someone else's site, it's entirely possible that that shop purchased our fabrics and are selling them. We don't sell our fabrics wholesale but we can't stop other retailers from buying the fabrics at full or sale prices and selling them in their stores.

Have a great day!
Old 05-02-2013, 04:45 PM

I buy from CT and have never had any problems. I really like the quality and I looovve the thread. Hobby Lobby's fabric is on the order of JoAnn's. There is good and not so god, but the prices are good. It all seems to be 30% off just about all the fabric which list for about $9.00.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:49 PM

I have bought from Connecting Threads and I love their fabric..their fat quarters are always bigger that normal..and I have been very satisfied...
Old 05-03-2013, 07:11 PM

Cotton Club has nice fabric also (cottonclub.com). They have lots of clubs you can join...Hoffman, batiks and all sorts of them where you get so many charms, fq's, fat eights etc. I've used them for years and really like the quality of fabrics, threads & notions. I do like many of the shops on Fabshophop also. Don't you just love that we can shop in our jammies if we want to? LoL :-)
Old 05-03-2013, 09:10 PM

I agree with quiltingbuddy about Cotton Club, and would also like to recommend Webfabrics.net . They have a lovely, wide selection of fabrics and excellent customer service.

Last edited by Maggiem; 05-03-2013 at 09:15 PM. Reason: accuracy
Old 05-04-2013, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Maggiem View Post
I agree with quiltingbuddy about Cotton Club, and would also like to recommend Webfabrics.net . They have a lovely, wide selection of fabrics and excellent customer service.
I JUST LOVE CONNECTING THREADS I DONT USE ANY OTHER THREAD.... I HAVE EVERY COLOR AND THERE FABRIC IS GREAT QUALITY.....CANT WAIT FOR THERE CATALOG TO COME IN THE MAIL LOL I GET MY CUP OF TEA ,
AND NO ONE BETTER BOTHER ME!! LOL NOT TILL IM DONE
Old 05-05-2013, 05:24 AM

Hooray for Connecting Threads! Very smart company to track this website and respond to unfavorable comments about them. I suspect the people who criticized Connecting Threads weren't dissatisfied enough to contact the company about their concerns/problems. Too bad. Sometmes we get on a roll and become way too picky.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:57 PM

I'm also a fan of their thread, and will order batting from them, especially when they have a sale. I look at the fabric every time I go to their site, but it's just not my style. I look forward to an opportunity to try it when they have something that really trips my trigger.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by peacebypiece View Post
Hooray for Connecting Threads! Very smart company to track this website and respond to unfavorable comments about them. I suspect the people who criticized Connecting Threads weren't dissatisfied enough to contact the company about their concerns/problems. Too bad. Sometmes we get on a roll and become way too picky.
We are so grateful for the feedback and always want to ensure our customers have a good experience! <3 Thanks for the kudos.