Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Connecting Threads Order

I love CT have ordered many yards of fabric an never been stung. I also use there thread but I was also taught to clean the bobbin area everytime you change a bobbin & this I do so have no complaints there either. Thread & fabric are great.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchengramie
    Quote Originally Posted by Carole Angel
    You're absolutely right about Clarks & Coat. That thread just explodes fuzz in the bobbin area. I threw away the last two spools I had. I use a lot of Gutterman cotton and Sulky rayon now.
    The fuzz just gets all over the machine. Take your finger and wipe it over the top of your sewing machine. You be surprised.
    If you are using the incorrect size needle that will also cause the thread to shread or lint more than usual. Using strictly top stitch needles now I find that there is very little lint. I'm a CT thread fan and use it almost exclusively in my sewing machine & my long arm.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reeskylr
    I just wanted to post something since I went and ordered from Connecting Threads. There was a post last week or so about if they were any good and reliable. Some stated the thread wasn't.

I ordered the .98 cent fabric, not expecting anything great. I was very surprised. I ordered a half yard of each one on the plaid. The fabric has a Moda 'feel' to it and I am pleased. I plan on making DP9 blocks with it for a guys lap quilt. I was also surprised to find out on the red, they sent me a yard instead of a half yard. No extra charge to it.

I also ordered Essential thread and will be trying it out soon. I also got a bag pattern that was download. I really love the bag pattern. I have nothing bad to say about Connecting Threads and will order from them again. :)
    I haven't ordered anything from them in a while, but I agree that they are a great internet shopping source. One time I ordered a half-yard package of coordinating fabrics, one piece was about 3/4 yard. They added a note that they would rather pass on the bolt end than make another scrap. I notice when you get a kit there is always ample fabric for making the pattern.

I can't even tell you the number of hundreds of dollars I have spent at CT (they should pay me a fee lol) Even with being in Canada, it's so much cheaper for me to order from them and I have never been disappointed in anything. If anybody is sitting on the fence about them, now would be a great time to buy, they have a ton of fabric on sale. JMHO Wendy

Have you used any of their batiks? They have some beautiful patterns/colors but I haven't ordered any because there can be such a variation in the quality of some batiks

I agree about CT. I had a problem with an order but it was my fault. Amazingly I picked up the phone and they solved the rpoblem and completted my order. I order from them all the time and never had a complaint because they strive to have excellent customer service.

I really like the Essential Cotton Thread. It works fine in everything I have sewn. I too like the prices and products from Connecting Threads. I ordered one of the Batik packages and the colors and feel are fabulous.

Blog Entries
    Lots of people have lots of good things to say about CT, I am glad that you had a good experience with them.

I love the essentials thread. Use it for thread painting, I know its cotton and you do get some lint, but brush things out after every bobbin change. Use this for the base of the thread painting and then put some Marathon poly over the top for a bit of shine.

I ordered batiks from them last August for a class I was going to be taking 10/1. I was very disappointed. 1/2 yards that were cut at exactly 18" were so crooked that I had to cut off 1/2" to 2 1/2" from each piece. A yard and 1/2 that had a 1/2" seam 14" from one end. I contacted them and told them how disappointed I was. They said they would replace it but not in time for my class. Since I had only needed 1/4 yard of each piece for this class, I said never mind except for the 1 1/2 yards which is for an inner border. I'm still waiting for that to arrive and plan on contacting them again to ask where it is.

Suffice it to say, I had no intention of ordering from them again. However, after reading all the comments, I may try them again.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Blog Entries
    How come I never find the 98 cent fabric?

Lynn :roll:

Blog Entries
    I also order from CT on a regular basis. I haven't tried their thread yet but plan to do so soon. I have never seen their fabric on sale or other wise for 98 cents a yard!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sunrise450
    I also order from CT on a regular basis. I haven't tried their thread yet but plan to do so soon. I have never seen their fabric on sale or other wise for 99 cents a yard!
    They had a blurb on their website one time about fabric that was real cheap; don't remember how much. But it was fabric that was still their high quality, but it had printing errors, ie a fold had been in the fabric when run through the printing machine, or excess dye in certain parts. I didn't see any that were of any interest to me so I passed on it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lynndianne
    How come I never find the 98 cent fabric?

Lynn :roll:
    Ditto I haven't found any there at that low price :?:

I'm a big fan of their fabric and especially their thread. Almost no lint at all. I can't sew with any other thread now. Well, I could, but I sure dont want to. :-)

I love their fabrics so much....havent tried the thread yet!

I placed a large order for the free postage...which wasn't disappointing at all !!!!!!!

got it in three days and then realized that I miscalculated and neeed 1/2 yd each more of the two fabrics ordered.....

so I hopped on the computer and ordered them and while online, noticed that they had some Christmas fabric in clearance for under $3. a yard. Ordered 2 1/2 yds for backing and with postage (this time) and all the fabric, my order was only $17.

Can't beat that and it also was here in 3 days.........

can't say enough good things about CT.........

I just received my first CT order a week ago. Very happy with the quality of the fabric. I haven't ordered any thread yet, but undoubtedly will. Great prices and value!

For the first time I ordered from Connecting Threads and I'm very pleased. I bought clearance fabric 5 different colors for $1.49/yd. Very nice quality fabric. Also bought 2.5 strips of xmas fabric very nice fabric also. Great deals for sure at this online store.

I have ordered several times from CT mostly fabric and am very pleased with it every time.

The thread is wonderful, have never had a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by annthreecats
    I have ordered fabric and thread. I love the fabric and I love the thread.
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by reeskylr
    I just wanted to post something since I went and ordered from Connecting Threads. There was a post last week or so about if they were any good and reliable. Some stated the thread wasn't.

I ordered the .98 cent fabric, not expecting anything great. I was very surprised. I ordered a half yard of each one on the plaid. The fabric has a Moda 'feel' to it and I am pleased. I plan on making DP9 blocks with it for a guys lap quilt. I was also surprised to find out on the red, they sent me a yard instead of a half yard. No extra charge to it.

I also ordered Essential thread and will be trying it out soon. I also got a bag pattern that was download. I really love the bag pattern. I have nothing bad to say about Connecting Threads and will order from them again. :)
    I used both have not had a problem with either, good quality from both and orders were on time.

I have bought fabric for years from them and the price was right snd their quality was good. I do not like the coats and clark thread. I have had too much trouble with it. I use Gutterman but may try CT tread.

I've had good luck with CT thread in my mid-arm machine. And not such good luck with other threads, including King Tut, so I try to stick with CT. It's depends on your machine and you won't know until you try it. Good luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast